PDA

View Full Version : ARE YOU HAVING A CHRISTMAS PARTY FOR THE CHILDREN?

angeldelight
13-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Are you ?

If so how many children are you inviting - will you have it during work hours or out of hours?

What sort of games will you play?

Will you give out gifts and cards etc?

Do you get the children to help prepare the party food or do you do it?

If you are having a party when are you having it ?

Have fun

Angel xx

Makha
13-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Are you ?

If so how many children are you inviting - will you have it during work hours or out of hours?

What sort of games will you play?

Will you give out gifts and cards etc?

Do you get the children to help prepare the party food or do you do it?

If you are having a party when are you having it ?

Have fun

Angel xx

I also have the same question....so will appreciate any replies too

Louise0208
13-12-2010, 05:59 PM
i was going to& there is only 1 day i could get my kids together.......but now all my children are finishing this friday for 3 weeks (parents holiday, not mine) so im just going to be giving out gifts instead :(

but i was going to do the following.......

it was going to be next wednesday afternoon during my working hours

i was going to make the cakes but let the kiddies decorate them the day before but would of made sandwiches myself, the kids could of helped out the day beore with the sausage rolls & saus on sticks etc.

i have made a gift bag each with lots of goodies in for the children (sweets, paints, colouring sets, play jewellrey, craft sets etc) iv also bought a huge christmas cracker (about 4 foot large, cost £4 from asda) and stuffed it with party toys & sweets...which they will have sometime this week now instead.

we were going to do the usual party games, musical bumps, pass the parcel, statues etc

amanda1309
13-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Myself and 3 other CM's are getting together for Chistmas lunch on Wednesday at one of our houses.

There will be 4 adults and 8 mindees.
We have christmas lunch with all the trimmings, crackers and presents.

The mindees will spend the afternoon playing and we may do a few easy games.

I can't wait. :clapping:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
13-12-2010, 06:32 PM
No as we are going to two christmas parties this week where I have had to supply a present and i am taking 3 of them to the playbarn (softplay) on Wednesday. Plus I have bought them all a present and also done a picture calander for their parents from each of the child. xx

Pauline
13-12-2010, 06:42 PM
We have ours on the last day before we break up for Christmas, luckily all children will be with us that day.

I make the party food while they are at nursery and school.

We play stick the nose on Rudolf (like tail on the donkey but with a ball of red tissue screwed up and a picture of Rudolf :))

Musical Statues and other musical party games

Rudolf Rides - that is poor Gaham on all fours wearing reindeer antlers. It is the most popular game :laughing:

We will have 4 children :)

fionamal
13-12-2010, 06:46 PM
We have ours this Wednesday at Childminding Group.

There will be 7 childminders and 18 children aged 10 months upto 3 years old. We have my dad dressed as Santa handing out presents and we have a little finger buffet for the kids with some party games, pass the parcel and musical bumps and dancing. Lots of baloons and party hats are required :clapping: Cant wait :laughing:

Carol M
13-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Christmas lunch tomorrow , at Helens this year!
Turkey and trimmings,we are making the Rudolf hats that I found on here. That lovely little boy was wearing one,picture posted by his mum.
We will be doing pin the red nose on Rudolf like Pauline but I am not giving reindeer rides like Graham! Pass the parcel with lots of gold coins, musical snowmen and more games if we get time.
Carol xx

AnnieM
13-12-2010, 08:51 PM
As all the children I look after are older and have broken up already, I gave them a choice of a party here with a nanny friend and her children (their school friends) or going out somewhere with them for the day, they unanimously chose lunch out at the Flaming Dragon chinese buffet. :D So we are off there Friday for lunch. :thumbsup: I can't wait! :blush:

Chimps Childminding
13-12-2010, 09:02 PM
June and I are having ours tomorrow after school! We only have 3 mindees between us during the day (and one of those is off to his nursery party for an hour and a half) so we have decided to do ours when the schoolies come in! Invited the other couple of children who don't usually come on a Tuesday.

We will do food whilst they are at school (just small buffet) then we have 8 coming in after school. musical statues, bumps etc. pin the star on the christmas tree (ok blue tack it on!!). Then they each have a balloon, cracker and littlies have one of the chocolate reindeer from Aldi and older ones have decorated gingerbread trees/stars to take home. Presents will go home with arts and crafts stuff on their last day!!

linda2girls
13-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Not this year. I haven't really got enough mindees for a party. Hopefully next year we will have enough children to have one.

Linda.

Hebs
13-12-2010, 10:33 PM
NOPE :D

instead of a party we have a company coming out with some animals for the children to learn about (centipedes, rabbits, owl) etc :D

angeldelight
13-12-2010, 11:00 PM
NOPE :D

instead of a party we have a company coming out with some animals for the children to learn about (centipedes, rabbits, owl) etc :D

The animal lady or man ?

My daughter had this for my grandsons birthday last month it was great we loved it

You get to hold all the animals, snakes too

Have fun

Angel xxx

porky1979
14-12-2010, 12:09 PM
We already had ours, it was with another minder and 6 children aged (18mth - 3). We had christmas music, dancing, games and a visit from Santa himself, the kids loved it. :clapping: :clapping:

singlewiththree
14-12-2010, 12:09 PM
My party is next Weds and similar party games, they have a present off me as its their last day and a gift bag with bits in and special crafts for their parents, like photo baubles.

this week we are also going to the local garden centre to ride the train and see the lights with the after schoolies as the younger ones already done it. I'm taking the little ones to chatsworth farm to see the animals as they are very interested in the animals in the nativity scene.

shelly2012
14-12-2010, 12:14 PM
We had a Christmas FAMILY Party with the cm group, for all the family to attend. We hired the hall & disco so there was 7 cm's so all of their cm kids & family think there was over 100. Santa came with a selection box for all the kids. All the cm made the buffet and a few mums also brought some goodies. Great fun

marnieb
14-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes - next Thursdau going to cm friend's house, we've invited a couple of friends so will be 4 adults and 13 kids. Not doing pressies sending them home seperatly, but will do normal party food and games.

sfox2003
14-12-2010, 01:16 PM
3 childminders are getting together at my house. Our childminding co ordinator is also coming along too & my mum.

We are going to dance, play games, Ive got prizes and a gift for each of the children. I will do the children a finger buffet & do the adults some finger food aswell.

I like the idea of the party bags, I might look into that.

Ive asked the other childminders to make a hat/crown with their children to wear at the party.

I will blow up some balloons too.

Should be a nice day, Im REALLY looking forward to it.

WibbleWobble
14-12-2010, 02:39 PM
We have ours on the last day before we break up for Christmas, luckily all children will be with us that day.

I make the party food while they are at nursery and school.

We play stick the nose on Rudolf (like tail on the donkey but with a ball of red tissue screwed up and a picture of Rudolf :))

Musical Statues and other musical party games

Rudolf Rides - that is poor Gaham on all fours wearing reindeer antlers. It is the most popular game :laughing:

We will have 4 children :)

is this an evening entertainment for you too Pauline???:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

sorry...i actully laughed very loudly when i read this.....good job all mindees have gone home!

back to the question..

yes...having a party for 8 mindees 12 until 2pm on the 23rd...last day of minding before xmas.

All are invited...those not already here are invited and not charged for the time here.

I have presents for all.

Making crackers this week with small surprise in.

making food this weekend (i make my own pizzas and sausage rolls) and freezing. will make stuff on the day with Los (butties etc)

Pinning nose on rudolph, musical statues, x factor games.

Mums and dads coming at pick up times (will be staggered as some go at 2pm, some go at 5 etc) for mince pie and soft drink

We have Emily and her girlfriend Kuzi coming from London so they will be helping too....kids love them so the pressure will be off.

really really looking forward to it!!

mandy xxx

georgie456
14-12-2010, 05:24 PM
We had our childminding toddler group Christmas party today! The children all ate yummy party food, made glittery pine cones, danced to music, sang Christmas carols and then to top it all Santa turned up with a sack full of presents for them all!!!!

I also always do a Christmas party at home on the last day that I have all the children before the holiday. This years one will be next Thursday. I do a traditional Christmas dinner and we play lots of party games and make all the treats and sweets for parents.

Needless to say I am exhausted at the end!

suzyblue
14-12-2010, 06:03 PM
We had our Christmas party on Saturday night. It was mums and dads though....didnt see any kids....:rolleyes:

Trouble
15-12-2010, 12:18 AM
wasnt going to but i am now tomorrow !!!!!!:eek:

rickysmiths
15-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I did last yuear and asked some past mindees to come. The children helped make cakes the day before and we played games. Lost all the photos though because the disc was faulty :(

Not doing one this year. All the schoolies have had them at school their last day with me is tomorrow and the school are taking them to the Pantomime so they will be late back and one is going straight home. Toddlers are having theirs tomorrow and Pre-school is on Friday. One Mindee has a birthday next week so we will have a party tea on Wed and they are going out with friends on Sunday. We had a big party on Sat afternoon/pm so we are all partyed out!

I will give the mindees all their works of art and presents on their final days befor Christmas.

Pauline
16-12-2010, 03:19 PM
is this an evening entertainment for you too Pauline???:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

Mandy!! :laughing::laughing: