PDA

View Full Version : Emergency contact

SonnysMummy
14-04-2008, 09:18 PM
When children are at pre-school or school should we be put down as the emergency contact?
I've read about when children are at pre-school charging full fees as we are emergency contact but if the child is needing to leave (pre)school as they are ill should they be with us? As in my sickness policy i've written about how i can't care for ill children; and about infectious diseases etc...

Kelly:)

sarah707
14-04-2008, 09:26 PM
It's totally up to you... some people are and some aren't.

I won't do it because of the risk of sick children needing to be collected, but it really is a personal decision. :D

miffy
14-04-2008, 09:39 PM
This one really is your decision - you have to consider the other children you care for too so if a child is taken ill at school then school should contact their parents first

But I'll tell you a little story - I picked up a child from school (at the end of the day) he was clearly unwell and I could tell that just by looking at him so I said not to worry we'll go home and ring your mum. He told me school had already rung his parents who had said I would collect him as usual. They just forgot to ask me! :angry: :angry: :angry:

It was a pleasure to ring them and set them straight

miffy xx

SonnysMummy
14-04-2008, 09:43 PM
How rude of them!!! When i worked in the nursery parents used to send their children into us all the time when they were ill!!! Oh, they're just teething they'd say...yeah right!!!

I don't think i should be the contact if the child is ill although then is it still ok to say i will charge while the child is at pre-school?

Kelly:)

miffy
14-04-2008, 09:47 PM
I would say so - I charge because I only have limited spaces and can't fill them whilst the child is at playgroup - nothing to do with whether I am the emergency contact or not

miffy xx

Rubybubbles
14-04-2008, 09:51 PM
I charge as I drop off and pick up and they need the space for the hols

HTH