PDA

View Full Version : Aggggghhhhhhh why do i do it?

Louise0208
13-12-2010, 02:14 PM
sorry but im about to rant!

iv spent all weekend hugging the toilet bowl, every now & then being kicked out the way but my eldest son needing to hug the bowl too.....never seen so much sick in my life!!

i text (and emailed & facebooked for good measure) my parents yesterday warning them if im still ill overnight i wouldnt be minding today, needless to say i was still puking till 6am (OH didnt help eating chinese in the bedroom at midnight :censored: .....idiot!)

woke up to my youngest son with D&V, (great, something else for me to deal with!) i called the parents at 7.30am, 1 parent didnt answer so i left a message, and i txt her, emailed, fb, called landline etc.....but had no replies. all morning i tried calling her 2 phones to say i couldnt pick up at lunchtime....also tried emergency contact...no answer!

by 11.15 i gave up, got me & ill son dressed & had to go out & do the school run :censored: good job i did as nobody was there to collect her, i stood back & talked to the teacher for 10 mins just incase she had sent someone else, im not the sort to just leave her :( besides if i couldnt get in touch then the school wouldnt be able to either!

had a word with mum.....by this point i was narked & just wanted to sleep. have said the following be it right or wrong i was pretty :censored:

1. if LO is ill in the next few days then i will be charging full as chances are shes caught it from me or my son & she shouldnt of been here

2. i will be charging my Out of hours rate as i have had the day off, let other parents down & have had to work while i shouldnt of been.

Needless to say she didnt like any of the above but she has been taking the micky a bit lately (i have moaned about her in previous threads)

On a good note....iv lost 10lb in 2 days :clapping:

Blackcat
13-12-2010, 02:17 PM
poor you hope your better soon

LisaMcNally09
13-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Im really sorry you feel ill.....big hugs.

However i dont think you can charge number 2. Of course number 1 if child is ill they still pay full as long as its in your contract. Number 2 however i really dont think you can. You are ill so its not out of contract hours that you have had child. Yes of course the parent is in the wrong by not being contactable but you havent had the child anymore than you should have.

Hope this makes sense

Lisa

Louise0208
13-12-2010, 02:24 PM
ahh well, was worth a try :laughing:

miffy
13-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't think you should have fetched the child (I know you were probably only trying to do your best for her but you and your ds were ill)

If you'd have rung school when you couldn't get hold of mum then they could have tried to sort it out and you could have gone back to bed.

I'm not sure about charging an enhanced rate either unless you have all this written into your contract - don't you charge anyway if lo is off ill?

Hope you're both feeling better soon!

Miffy xx

the happy house
13-12-2010, 04:12 PM
sorry you've had a rotten time of it. It's completely out of order that aprents/emergency contacts aren't contactable... that really does need dealing with.
In future, remember your own health comes first. Don't collect. You had done all you could to try to contact parents, it's not your fault and not your problem to sort.

rickysmiths
13-12-2010, 06:55 PM
I don't think you should have fetched the child (I know you were probably only trying to do your best for her but you and your ds were ill)

If you'd have rung school when you couldn't get hold of mum then they could have tried to sort it out and you could have gone back to bed.

I'm not sure about charging an enhanced rate either unless you have all this written into your contract - don't you charge anyway if lo is off ill?

Hope you're both feeling better soon!

Miffy xx

I agree with this. definately shouldn't have gone out.

The Juggler
13-12-2010, 10:23 PM
oh hon. hope you're better soon. two of my parents often never answer phones or texts as they are always leaving their mobile in the car/at work, in their bag so def. charge if child now becomes ill but agree that don't think you can charge out of hours rate:(

Penny1959
14-12-2010, 05:33 AM
Agree with Miffy - if can not get hold of parents or emergency contacts - phone the school and let them deal with it - child is in their care - therefore they have to sort out if no one collects child.

I think it is easy to worry about the child - and think I need to collect as no one else will - but child would be fine in care of staff and although should not be the case - think parents may well respond to calls from school.

Hope you feel better soon

Penny :)