PDA

View Full Version : whats the most important or special

Blackcat
13-12-2010, 01:24 PM
thing you have learnt been a childminder?

pinky33
13-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Trust your instincts
fees up front
take holiday time
and the special thing is it's a good commute to work lol

Penny1959
13-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Most Important - to be able to say 'NO' to parents when requesting something I just can't do

Most Special - Every child is indeed unique

Penny :)

Blackcat
13-12-2010, 01:30 PM
lol.

one of my instincts is don't do mates rates, is this a fair judgement?

carolyn01
13-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Definitely don't be too trusting and keep a professional relatlonship ( or you will get taken advantage of)!

Drop off and pick up at front door, don't let them in or they will never leave (parents)

Be very clear about payment (at end of week or bring at week-end if forgotten) not following week!

Communicate (if going to be late pse txt or call)
:panic:

Blackcat
13-12-2010, 01:36 PM
do you all recommened that once I get a mindee that , I take part of the fee upfront?

PixiePetal
13-12-2010, 02:21 PM
do you all recommened that once I get a mindee that , I take part of the fee upfront?

I take 4 weeks fees up front as deposit - this pays for last 4 weeks of contract if notice given or in lieu of notice if they go without notice.

also payment in advance - weekly or monthly, up to them

Bananabrain
13-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Rather ironically I have leant that I'm actually quite a good mum!
{Very low self esteem}:laughing: This job has taught me that it doesn't matter how affluent you are, where you live, if you have a posh house, what you do for a living or indeed how many qualifications you have that dictates whether your child shines.
It's all about the effort that you put in as a parent.
This has been proven to me time and time again.
Still breaks my heart when mindees turn up with no proper winter clothes, no completed homework, no Pe kit, no costume for the school concert etc etc.
It's been a very tough lesson! and I still lose sleep over certain mindees.
Oh, and yes, fees in advance. NO exceptions!

Tippy Toes
13-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Definitely don't be too trusting and keep a professional relatlonship ( or you will get taken advantage of)!

Drop off and pick up at front door, don't let them in or they will never leave (parents)

Be very clear about payment (at end of week or bring at week-end if forgotten) not following week!

Communicate (if going to be late pse txt or call)
:panic:

I agree with this!
Definately keep a professional relationship with parents! Do not get too friendly!

jelly15
13-12-2010, 05:42 PM
To emphasise at the start that if I am available to work then payment is still owed i.e. parent or child sickness, holiday or occasional day off, even if snow prevents them from getting here I am still open and expect to be paid, no exceptions.

I wasted too much time doing housework when my own DSs were young instead of making a mess playing with them.

Some parents are great to do business with, some are not, and you have to be firm with those who are not.

Blackcat
13-12-2010, 09:21 PM
thank you to you all xxxx:clapping: