PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Choice Book please

Sarahbelle
13-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone

I have to make a choice book of all my resources as my setting is too small to have everything out, but don't know which would be the best way to go about it. I have a few ideas, such as scrap book with photos in or laminated pictures on a board but really want to know what you all do. And, of course, which is the most hard wearing! Don't want to be doing it all again next year because pages have been ripped etc.

Any advice welcome.:)

Helen79
13-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I had laminated photos velcoed on a board but they ended up getting bent and chewed so I had to throw them away quite quickly.
I haven't replaced them yet so I'm looking for ideas aswell.

Kes
13-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Don't have one myself as my house has no storage so what you see is what you get. I just wondered if it would be better to make an album on the computer then theres nothing to rip you just slide show the pics for the kids to choose or if you have one use a digital photo frame to show the pics of the resoures you have.

clio0602
13-12-2010, 02:41 PM
I am taking pics and sticking onto A4 and laminating at the moment. Its turing out like a catalogue of toys lol I only plan on getting it out a couple of times each day and supervising whilst lo's are looking so hoping it doesn't get too damaged x

Penny1959
13-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Mine is produced on the computer - have printed a copy for in the setting and put the pages in those plastic things to give a bit of protection - but not worries as can easily print again.

Have also saved as a PDF and put on website. If you want to have a look my website is www.*********************. Mind you it is not complete - as now full with mindees - not had time to update recently.

Penny :)

Ali56
13-12-2010, 02:57 PM
I am taking pics and sticking onto A4 and laminating at the moment. Its turing out like a catalogue of toys lol I only plan on getting it out a couple of times each day and supervising whilst lo's are looking so hoping it doesn't get too damaged x

This is what I have done too-then hole punched and all in a folder. Also stored on the PC too. It just sits on the little table with the CD's/books and drawing stuff, in easy reach of the kids. Surprisingly it is not damaged at all so far as all the kids are really good with it! I think sometimes they just love to look at it and talk about the toys that are in it, rather than choosing toys to play with!:laughing: :laughing:

Sarahbelle
13-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Mine is produced on the computer - have printed a copy for in the setting and put the pages in those plastic things to give a bit of protection - but not worries as can easily print again.

Have also saved as a PDF and put on website. If you want to have a look my website is www.*********************. Mind you it is not complete - as now full with mindees - not had time to update recently.

Penny :)

Just had a look at your catalogue on your website and all I can say is "WOW". It must have taken you ages.

Think I will do something similar produced on the computer so that I can replace any damaged pages! Thanks.:)