PDA

View Full Version : How annoying

kel1983
13-12-2010, 08:56 AM
I was due my Ofsted inspection today:eek: but unfortunately I received a call from the mum of the little one I have on a Monday to sy she is ill and wont be with me today. :panic:

So I have rang the Ofsted lady and she was ok with this but said she would have to try and juggle her schedule around to fit me in before christmas. I only have the little one till wednesday this week so he will have to come then otherwise it will be the first week in January.

I am so annoyed because I have spent the whole weekend preparing for the inspection and I was really ready for her today.

Never mind I cant do anything about it now. Will just panic about it till wednesday now instead :panic:

Now what m I going to do with my day instead. I suppose I should think about doing some christmas shopping. Have been putting it off while I prepared for the inspection.

Oh well. Hope everyone has a good week

Chatterbox Childcare
13-12-2010, 09:09 AM
They can only award a satisfactory if they don't see you with children so if it cannot be rescheduled try and borrow a child from friends/fellow childminders

Good luck

jellytot
13-12-2010, 09:15 AM
oh how frustrating, you get yourself all prepared mentally then it doesnt happen, hopefully they can fit you in soon x

VINASOL
13-12-2010, 09:21 AM
I was due my Ofsted inspection today:eek: but unfortunately I received a call from the mum of the little one I have on a Monday to sy she is ill and wont be with me today. :panic:

So I have rang the Ofsted lady and she was ok with this but said she would have to try and juggle her schedule around to fit me in before christmas. I only have the little one till wednesday this week so he will have to come then otherwise it will be the first week in January.

I am so annoyed because I have spent the whole weekend preparing for the inspection and I was really ready for her today.

Never mind I cant do anything about it now. Will just panic about it till wednesday now instead :panic:

Now what m I going to do with my day instead. I suppose I should think about doing some christmas shopping. Have been putting it off while I prepared for the inspection.

Oh well. Hope everyone has a good week

The exact same thing happeneed to me today; both inspector cancelled and mindee didn't come as mum was ill.

Have mine first week of New Year...but have to say despite all the stress adn panic I might be a little less anxious next year (good rest over xmas and all).

Good luck for Wednesday though - can't wait to find out how it went being 1st inspection (am so nervous).

kel1983
13-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Quick update

She just rang me back and we are rescheduled for wednesday midday. Which is a little bit of a pain. The little one usually goes down for a sleep about 1pm for 2 hours so isnt going to see me play with her much :(.

Never mind. I'm off out to try and forget about it all. Ill worry about it again tomorrow. :)

nokidshere
13-12-2010, 09:39 AM
They can only award a satisfactory if they don't see you with children so if it cannot be rescheduled try and borrow a child from friends/fellow childminders

Good luck

I got a good at my last inspection despite the fact that the one little girl I had was asleep for the whole visit :thumbsup: