PDA

View Full Version : A step by step

aly
14-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I feel like I haven't done anything lol

We have ripped bathroom out and just had the shower in last night after 2-3 weeks of showing with the M.I.L I can wash properly in my own home :laughing:

Anyway I sort of slowly wnt through the paperwor without a rush as there are a lot of things I want to do to the house but a few definates for the childminding etc but my question is:

Does anyone have a step by step of the process from ringing NCMA and getting booked on briefing session to actually getting registered??

In my other post I asked whether I should ahve posted certain forms off. So is there a list [like a check list] where i can tick off as I go with certain things that have done/need doing.

OMG I have rattled on :D

sarah707
14-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Here's one I posted earlier... I hope it helps! :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2442&highlight=registration+process

manjay
14-04-2008, 09:35 PM
This is what i did but your local CSSIW may work slightly differently (and it is 12 months since I did it so may have changed slightly)

Arranged a briefing session by contacting CSSIW
Booked on to next ICP course
Mentoring session after iCP for help with policies and completing your application form
Write statement of purpose(this goes with part 1 of app), policies, procedures and complete statements for each of the 21 standards (part 2 of application)
Application is taken to CSSIW where they verified identity and sent off crbs, refs, social service checks and medical form
Once all paperwork was back you are assigned an inspector who will come and do a pre reg visit. Inspector will ask questions about the standards and check your home and you are suitable. They will let you know any actions you need to take
Certificate will be issued and you can then apply for PLI and toolkit from NCMA

Hope that helps a bit

there is other stuff that Sarah has put that is generic like house insurance but the rest is applicable to Wales

sarah707
14-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks for that Amanda... I will stick it in the original thread so it's there for other Welsh members :D

aly
15-04-2008, 08:26 AM
thanks both off to read now

x:)

tulip0803
15-04-2008, 10:59 AM
This is what i did but your local CSSIW may work slightly differently (and it is 12 months since I did it so may have changed slightly)

Arranged a briefing session by contacting CSSIW
Booked on to next ICP course
Mentoring session after iCP for help with policies and completing your application form
Write statement of purpose(this goes with part 1 of app), policies, procedures and complete statements for each of the 21 standards (part 2 of application)
Application is taken to CSSIW where they verified identity and sent off crbs, refs, social service checks and medical form
Once all paperwork was back you are assigned an inspector who will come and do a pre reg visit. Inspector will ask questions about the standards and check your home and you are suitable. They will let you know any actions you need to take
Certificate will be issued and you can then apply for PLI and toolkit from NCMA

Hope that helps a bit

there is other stuff that Sarah has put that is generic like house insurance but the rest is applicable to Wales

Yup that's how my CSSIW application is too.