PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again....!!

Louise B
12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Just need to rant a bit... the downside of this job is not being able to have a moan to colleagues because of confidentiality, so I just need to offload please.. lol.

You might remember the mum who couldn't pay her first bill, then her daughter was caught stealing and I had to end her contract immediately, with her sister being on a four week notice of termination? Well, she got her bill last week and I knew it was unlikely she'd pay - especially as she had two new tattoos and lots of nights out! :angry:

I sent her a message on Friday night to say that if she hadn't paid by the Saturday I would have to start adding £5 a day late payment fees. Heard nothing (she was out on the town!) then this afternoon I got a text saying she'd have to pay me on the 23rd as she'd changed her bank details and work had mucked up!! Hmmmm, course they have! lol.

She's a single parent with 2 kids, so getting help with childcare, she works full-time. I was a single parent with 2 kids, a mortgage and a part-time job, but always paid my childcare bill on time. How can she assume I can afford my THREE kids, mortgage, bills, etc, on my own, with Christmas less than two weeks away?! Her bill is issued on the 1st of the month, so it'd be over 3 weeks late! It's almost a quarter of my income!!!! I'm so angry that she's put me in this position.

I text her back to say I really need the money because of bills, Christmas, etc, but if she really can't pay before the 23rd then she would owe me an extra £60 in late payment fees. She said she was struggling but would have to pay because work had messed up. I offered to write a confirmation letter to say how much the charges were as it was their fault, which she agreed to, but didn't want to give me their details as she'll give it to them herself. Don't believe a word of it to be honest, would she really accept late wages at this time of year?! And if not, why should I?!

We'll see though, I can imagine it'll be like getting blood out of a stone, but I'm going to make sure she pays even if it does mean some legal involvement, it makes me so angry that people assume I can survive without their money! Glad to be rid of them now though, and fingers crossed everyone else will pay on time and leave all my belongings where they belong! lol. xx

Louise0208
13-12-2010, 02:33 PM
:( sorry your going through this.

last time i was childminding i had a similar problem, unfortunately it didnt have a happy ending so i cant oer you advice,

..... the only good that come out of it is my parent carried on claiming childcare tax credit & had to pay all 18 months worth back :D

Penny1959
13-12-2010, 02:40 PM
You really are having a rough time with this parent. As you say - well rid of.
I hope everyone else pays on time and that you manage to have a good Christmas despite this parent ensuring money is tight.

Penny :)