PDA

View Full Version : Am I mad?

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
12-12-2010, 04:22 PM
So as of tomorrow I am 37 weeks pregnant, (although I personally think im 38 weeks, buts thats a different story)

Anyway I had a midwife home visit today as, as of tomorrow they are going to start giving me sweeps as this is a VBAC i cant go over-due.

She was asking what time was best to come back tomorrow, I said the best time was at 10am as i would be child free for a short period then, She looked at me puzzled so I explained to her that I was still working. She didnt go off on one as she is lovely but she wasnt impressed either, saying I should be resting etc....

I have my own 2 yr old ds who is more trouble than all my mindees put together and yes i still do the school run and as I dont drive it takes me 20mins each way. But at least Im keeping active and because of this the babies head is engaged.

So am i mad? Should I be chilling out or carrying on as normal till baby comes?

suez
12-12-2010, 04:31 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

put your feet up!!!

definatly start takin it easy, :thumbsup:

Polly2
12-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I think it depends on your health and that of the baby. You are obviously fighting fit and baby is happy so why not! :thumbsup:

I'm sure you have a backup plan should you go into labour while minding :)

Hebs
12-12-2010, 04:40 PM
i think if they are going to start giving you a sweep you need to stop minding x

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
12-12-2010, 04:43 PM
im fine, abit achy and bad sickness but that onyl hits me in the evenings, All parents are on standby and so is another cm, so im all prepared, the truth is the other mindees play with my son and visa versa so find it more difficult when its one to one plus it makes the days go quicker lol

Am abit worried now though as I will be having 2 sweeps a week and hoping I can cope if my contractions come on quick and fast.

Hebs
12-12-2010, 04:53 PM
everyone i know who has had a sweep has gone into labour within 48 hours of the first one

caz3007
12-12-2010, 04:57 PM
I had to be induced early with my DD and had 4 lots of gel, once I had a sweep she was born within 24 hours, so hope things get going soon for you. At first reading your post, thought goodness me its short notice for the parents, but you seem to have got it all sorted.

Good luck xxx

FussyElmo
12-12-2010, 05:04 PM
everyone i know who has had a sweep has gone into labour within 48 hours of the first one

I wish I had 2 sweeps and ds2 still had to be induced :rolleyes:

On one hand I think your mad but is off the woman who on dd2 worked till the wednesday and had her on the sunday so cant really say much.

If your happy and parents are happy then why not :thumbsup:

georgie456
12-12-2010, 05:40 PM
So as of tomorrow I am 37 weeks pregnant, (although I personally think im 38 weeks, buts thats a different story)

Anyway I had a midwife home visit today as, as of tomorrow they are going to start giving me sweeps as this is a VBAC i cant go over-due.

She was asking what time was best to come back tomorrow, I said the best time was at 10am as i would be child free for a short period then, She looked at me puzzled so I explained to her that I was still working. She didnt go off on one as she is lovely but she wasnt impressed either, saying I should be resting etc....

I have my own 2 yr old ds who is more trouble than all my mindees put together and yes i still do the school run and as I dont drive it takes me 20mins each way. But at least Im keeping active and because of this the babies head is engaged.

So am i mad? Should I be chilling out or carrying on as normal till baby comes?

I worked up to 38 wks with DS
(He was also an attemped VBAC -ultimately failed but that's a whole other story! - and they let me go 12 days over!)

My midwife was also very unimpressed with me still working, but I firmly believe that you know your limits and as long as you are taking things easier you should be fine! The walk to and from school shouldn't do you any harm because your body is alreaduy used to you doing it - it's not like you only started a 20 min each way walk at 38wks gone if you see what I mean!

Anyway, hope her visit goes well and good luck with the VBAC - would love to hear how you get on x

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
12-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks guys, I really dont want another c-section so sweeps are my only option, and im worried about the babies size as my first was 3 weeks early and was 8lbs 6oz and the docs think if he went to full term he would have been an 11lber:panic:

Been getting lots of strong braxton hicks today, Im also planning a hypno-birth so fingers crossed it will all work out for me, will keep you updated!

Shirlwith3
13-12-2010, 06:07 AM
when I had my youngest I worked right up to when I had her at 38wks, at the time I was working 30hrs a week, when I was 37wks I had to go to hospital every 2 days to be put on the monitor as baby was very small for dates & when I said I would come in early for it & then was going to work afterwards I got a telling of but I felt fine. I just wanted as much time with her after having her.

good luck

SamBaker
13-12-2010, 07:14 AM
I had both mine at 38 weeks. How do your ratios work if you have an extra one by the evening LOL!!

Can't wait to here your news when baby pops out :clapping:

xxx

tinkerbelle
13-12-2010, 10:11 AM
i worked the day my new son was born last wednesday and started back saturday as long as you are feeling well then i dont see why you shouldnt x

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
13-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I had both mine at 38 weeks. How do your ratios work if you have an extra one by the evening LOL!!

Can't wait to here your news when baby pops out :clapping:

xxx

I wonder if Ofsted will grant me an emergency variation incase the little dude makes an apperance whilst im working :laughing: :panic: :laughing:

Louise0208
13-12-2010, 02:27 PM
i had a sweep & started contracting with the hour......baby born 37 mins later :)
good luck xxx