PDA

View Full Version : Just had an Enquiry- Help!!

Lottie
14-04-2008, 08:15 PM
:clapping: WOOT!!!!!!!Just had an enquiry, from another site. How quick was that!!!

However the lady is asking me to look after her child on Saturdays for 5 hours.

Okay... If I do this should I charge my normal fee as I would do during the week? Or should I charge more because it's the weekend?

It sounds very much like she is working on a Saturday, so maybe I should charge her normal rate? If it's a one off should I charge her more??

I am really confused...:panic:

namtasha
14-04-2008, 08:37 PM
i think i woould charge time and a half as it is my family time and mindee would have to fit in with us, e.g visiting granny etc
good luck x

Noodles
14-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I would also be charging at least time and a half but i would not mind at weekends on a regular basis as this is my family time :)

Lottie
14-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Thankyou for your response.:thumbsup:

Even if it was a permie position? Other problem is she has seen my fee's, I live in commuter belt just 25 mins outside central London, so the fee is in keeping with this. I am not sure if time and a half would be too much, if say she is working.

If it's one off or she is going shopping or down the gym than I think time and a half would be in keeping...

Other thing is no-where did I mention weekends so maybe I should up the fee. I don't mind doing 5 hour on a Saturday though. I am never that busy unless seeing the family.

I am not sure how to approach this i.e sending an email back or calling her. Not sure what to say.

I thought I had this covered. LOL!!! Now I am in the deep end.

Rubybubbles
14-04-2008, 08:49 PM
I don't work weekends but if I was required for say an emergancy I would charge time and half

littletreasures
14-04-2008, 08:50 PM
I live in Surrey too. You can get round the fact that she has seen your fees by saying they are your normal weekly fees. You charge more for weekend. I would charge another £1-£1.50 and hour for Saturdays.

littletreasures

Twinkles
14-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Don't jump in and take on something just because you have no-one else yet.
Are you sure you want to work Sats for the forseeable future ? Even when you get mindees during the week ?

Make sure it fits in with your family and remember when you are working five days a week you may need to just chill at the weekends.

Rubybubbles
14-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Don't jump in and take on something just because you have no-one else yet.
Are you sure you want to work Sats for the forseeable future ? Even when you get mindees during the week ?

Make sure it fits in with your family and remember when you are working five days a week you may need to just chill at the weekends.

good advice there toes:thumbsup:

Lottie
14-04-2008, 09:23 PM
That is good advice, thank you. I think what I will do is send an email and ask her whether she wants something permie or just every now and then or just a one off and take it from there.

I will let you know what she says.

miffy
14-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Good luck Lottie whatever you decide to do

miffy xx

Lou
14-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Good luck and let us know how you get on,

Personally i dont do weekends so if i were to i would charge double but thats just me x

angeldelight
14-04-2008, 10:08 PM
I used to do weekend but dont know

It takes up so much of your time and time with your own family - but if you can work it out its great

I always charged £2 more than what my normal fees were

Good luck hope you get the job

Angel xx

Lottie
16-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi girls,

Just a quick update. I decided not to mind over the weekend after all. I just feel that my weekends are for my children and family, they are far more important to me.

Thank you though for all your advice. Every bit of it was valuable info for the future and for now. I appreciate it.

Huggles, Lottie