PDA

View Full Version : not sure

aly
14-04-2008, 08:14 PM
im sitting here wondering if i should have done this by now??

I'm waiting for my ICP course which is 12th may bu should i have sent my crb's off and my medical notes too???

tia

Lottie
14-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Oh absolutely send them off now!
Basically you are required to do the ICP course 6 months from registering, so you don't have to wait to get the ICP course done.

On my ICP course there were ladies that were already registered childminders and doing the course.

Kelly
14-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Not neccesarily, some of the girls on the forum have said that have been told to wait before sending off their paperwork. You could take your medical stuff to the doctors for them to send as this sometimes takes time. Generally the CRB stuff is completed by the Ofsted inspector at your initial visit. You could send your Ofsted application form off as I doubt they would get to you before May now anyway.

Rubybubbles
14-04-2008, 09:08 PM
start the ball rolling these thing can take a long time:o

manjay
14-04-2008, 09:21 PM
im sitting here wondering if i should have done this by now??

I'm waiting for my ICP course which is 12th may bu should i have sent my crb's off and my medical notes too???

tia

It works differently in Wales. It depends if your local CSSIW will accept your part one before you do your ICP. Mine didn't and I had to wait until after passing my ICP to hand in Part 1 & Part 2 together.

manjay
14-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Oh absolutely send them off now!
Basically you are required to do the ICP course 6 months from registering, so you don't have to wait to get the ICP course done.

On my ICP course there were ladies that were already registered childminders and doing the course.

In Wales you have to do the ICP before registration

Lottie
14-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Ahh okay, I didn't notice the location. aly, take the other ladies advice. :thumbsup:

miffy
14-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Just wanted to wish you luck Aly

miffy xx

aly
15-04-2008, 08:36 AM
It works differently in Wales. It depends if your local CSSIW will accept your part one before you do your ICP. Mine didn't and I had to wait until after passing my ICP to hand in Part 1 & Part 2 together.

Many thanks :)
I was going to do that bit last night but glad I didn't.
I did find something last night and with Sarah's other post about step by step it should help me...I'll just try to stop being impatient :laughing:

Thanks everyone else!

angeldelight
15-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Good luck

Angel xx

tulip0803
15-04-2008, 10:54 AM

Amanda's right, I had to hand all my forms & paperwork in together. I already had the ICP from England but the CSSIW still wanted me to attend an NCMA mentoring session first. I think that you have to wait till you have done the ICP and the mentoring sessions as they are really helpful making sure that your policies and forms are just how CSSIW want them.:) It's very frustrating but you have to do everything the way that they want.

Rubybubbles
15-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Amanda's right, I had to hand all my forms & paperwork in together. I already had the ICP from England but the CSSIW still wanted me to attend an NCMA mentoring session first. I think that you have to wait till you have done the ICP and the mentoring sessions as they are really helpful making sure that your policies and forms are just how CSSIW want them.:) It's very frustrating but you have to do everything the way that they want.

the same for me when I moved from Scotland to england, had to do everything again:rolleyes: