PDA

View Full Version : How long do you keep Accident/Incident Reports?

phoebe-alice
11-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Hi there just updating my policies and adding more information, at the moment updating the accident/incident policy. And can't seem to remember how long you have to keep accident/incident reports?
Can anyone help me out? My brians mush today. :laughing:

Penny1959
11-12-2010, 08:16 AM
I can't remember all details - as different times for different things - very confusing.

The max time is 21 years (ish) - (in case the child wants to take action against you in the future).

So I just keep mine forever - have them - in loft - dated back from last registration - since 1985.

I am now going to have to check details - as used to have this info in head - oh the problems of getting old!

Penny :)

miffy
11-12-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm not sure if the rules are the same in Scotland as in England but I'm the same as Penny - got everything from year dot.

Miffy xx

sarah707
11-12-2010, 09:48 AM
If you are insured with Morton Michel you must keep them until the child is 21 and if you are with NCMA I believe it's 21 years and 7 months after the child leaves your care (can someone confirm that please!?!)

I will have to make sure the nursing home has a big enough safe :rolleyes: :D

christine e
11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Well just had a look at NCMA's PL factsheet and that says 25 years but then mentions that claims following serious accidents should be kept indefinately.

Going to contact them as it also mention 3 years after the age of consent

Cx

llkbabob
11-12-2010, 02:37 PM
went on a course this week

records for debt chasing 6 years

registers and attendance logs 3 years following child leaving

first aid/accident 21 years and 4 months

hope this helps