PDA

View Full Version : where the child is

clumpcat
10-12-2010, 02:33 PM
hi all, i;ve got an ofsted inspection monday and i have just asked for advice from my co-ordinator, she has said i need to have evidence that i know where the child is at. i am not sure what this means. does anyone have a form they use? i think its to do with can they walk, talk, feed themselves etc. i do learning journals, daily diarys, individual planning. i think i might need to show i konw where the child is at at certain points in their age?
any thoughts?

sarah707
10-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Ofsted look for progression... seeing how the child is making progress while with you and checking you know how to support that.

If you have observations and next steps planning in learning journey documents for the children then you will already have plenty of evidence.

Some childminders write summaries about children's learning and development every few months showing what the child can do since the last summary... your advisor might be suggesting you do those.

There is no set format - just show what the child has achieved :D

clumpcat
10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
thank you i will do that.
x

miffy
10-12-2010, 04:22 PM
If you think about when the child first started with you - how did you get information about what they liked/could do? Did you ask parents or get them to fill in a questionnaire about the child? You will also have your own observations of the child.

Then look at them a few months later - what can they do now and how have you helped them to move on to that stage? What comes next and how will you help them achieve that?

Good luck with your inspection

Miffy xx