PDA

View Full Version : I love my local council!

keeks
10-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I just wanted to share something brilliant with you lovely colleagues. :D

I just received the Early Years training file from my local council. I am so very excited as it is the same for childminders as it is for all other early years providers. I can build on my SENCO training, absolutely anything! At my nursery I was limited to one or two courses per year, but now I can do as many or as few as I like! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Many of the courses are also run evenings or weekends to suit childminders. And there is a course specifically for childminders too about how to run a childminding business!

Our council is known to look after their childminders just as well as any other early years workforce.

xxx

sarah707
10-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Ours is pretty good too!

Enjoy your courses! What are you applying for? x

Polly2
10-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Thats fantastic :clapping: lucky you - I am jealous!! What are you going to do?

keeks
10-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks Poppy and Sarah, I wish every council was like this!

I'm interested in lots of them, but for the spring term I'll apply for

Schemas and action patterns for childminders
Makaton
Running, developing and marketing a childminding business

Any more than that would just be greedy I suppose! :laughing:

xx

Polly2
10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Fab! I like the sound of those :clapping:

keeks
10-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Sorry Polly, I called you Poppy! :blush:

I'll blame my yucky cold to mask the fact that I am just a scatter brain! :laughing:

xx

Polly2
10-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Don't worry - I answer to anything me :D Hope you feel better soon xx

Penny1959
11-12-2010, 08:45 PM
I hope the support lasts Keeks - with all the budget cuts many excellent Early Years teams are disappearing or having such small budgets that they can offer very little support. If there are courses on offer that you are interested in - I would advise you to book on as many as possible - just in case not offered again in the future.

Penny :)

beccas
11-12-2010, 08:54 PM
book on as many as you can i would thats what they do it for it might not be available again

primula
20-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Lucky thing! Most of our courses on offer are during the day!? difficult to get time off.

Helcatt
20-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Where are you based? Ours is pretty good too. Loads of courses I want to do, my problem is fitting it around dh. He works shifts so knowing when he is about to look after my girls so I can go on a saturday is really hard. I haven't made it to anything in almost 2 years. I will have to give him a swift kick up the bum for when my First Aid etc are up for renewal.

I would love to do the one on schemas too, and makaton (always a long waiting list)

Enjoy them before they are all cut!

Hx