PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!! E123 TMA03

donnagwynne
14-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I am utterly at a loss with this piece of coursework, if anyone has done it I would be glad of a few pointers.

It is about policies and procedures and I have chosen Health, Safety and Well-being as the area I want to discuss.

Specifically, my sticking points are :Part One: what the hell do they mean by a key element?? I'm sorry but I find this a little vague, and how can yyou tell how they influence and impact on your setting and what is the difference between these two anyway???

ANYONE PLEASE???

sarah707
14-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I did 'working with parents'... sorry! :(

donnagwynne
14-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I don't much like working with parents. I find it really hard as we get into such complicated relationships with them anyway!!

I should have asked you first which you were going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks anyway.
Donna

Kelly
14-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Donna

I also did working in partnership with parents. If you are struggling already maybe a good idea to think about key elements in other areas! (just a thought, easier to change your mind now)

I think the key elements of health safety and wellbeing would be things like

Ensuring First Aid certificate in date
Doing regular risk assesments
Ensuring children maintain good hygiene routine
keeping children safe outside your home
making sure outside play areas and garden are safe
Toy safety
Providing nurturing environment for children to learn and develop

I am thinking of every child matters a bit and may be going off track a bit as I do not have the OU books at hand. I would say influence is the power that somebody has to affect other people's thinking or actions and impact is to have a strong effect on something or somebody.

Its been a while since I did mine so not really sure what I'm on about...

Good luck

Kelly :thumbsup:

donnagwynne
14-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Oooooh Kelly, that has definately given me some food for thought!!

Thank you very much. Suddenly I don't think 2000 words will be enough!!

Thanks , Donna