PDA

View Full Version : Slapped cheek when can they come back?

singlewiththree
10-12-2010, 09:27 AM
I have an after schoolie whos mum has just said she has slapped cheek, she was here yesterday. How long does she have off? According to the NHS website she can come back when she has a lacey rash all over her body as she is no longer infectious and that is about 1-4 days after the face rash. Does anyone have any better information I can print out for mum

Mouse
10-12-2010, 09:54 AM
According to the HPA guidelines, there's no exclusion necessary

http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947358374

Two of my children had it a few years ago, but I can't remember how loong they were off for. I think they had a couple of days off each, but that was because they were under the weather, not because school said to keep them off.

What's the school said?

clio0602
10-12-2010, 10:40 AM
DD's nursery doesnt exclude at all as it is infectious before the rash develops x

georgie456
10-12-2010, 10:40 AM
My two neices and nephew have had this very recently and the school told my sis in law she didn't need to keep them off. She was told by the doctor that they were most infectious the week before the rash appeared.

Mykidsrock
10-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi, they are only infectious before the onset of the rash. Once the rash comes out then they are on the mend and by this time anyone who has been around them has been subject to the illness so if they are going to get it then excluding them once the rash has come out does nothing to help it prevent this.

As long as they are well in themselves with the rash, then there is no reason to exclude.

HTH

Jess x