PDA

View Full Version : ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

WibbleWobble
09-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Its terrible here.....

its rained onto the frozen ground and now the whole area is like an ice rink.....multiple pile ups on the loca motorways and roads...see 7 bumps just walking short distance to school

gritter men are hand gritting the side streets....got them to grit my path!!!!

be careful out there

mandyxxxxxx

TammyN
09-12-2010, 10:01 AM
my mindee's mum spun her car on bottom of my road, she rang me to tell me how bad it is so we walked very slowly to school, we were late but hey at least we got there in one piece :blush: now decided to cancel group this morning and staying in to bake christmas cookies instead, yummy :clapping:

Mouse
09-12-2010, 10:18 AM
We've had ice for 2 weeks now & I'm fed up of it! Our road is OK because it's a main road, but out paths haven't been clear of ice for most of those 2 weeks. And because it's so compacted now, it's going to take a lot to thaw.

I'm just very grateful that I don't have any mindees foe school runs & can usually get someone else to get my DD.

mushpea
09-12-2010, 11:17 AM
ours is amost going but very slowley, have been telling all the kids they are not allowed on it so they dont slip but cause they like to play on it they think i am a right grump!

sarah707
09-12-2010, 06:38 PM
It was so scary this morning!!!! :eek:

I nearly lost my legs a few times staggering to school and back. Thank goodness for a buggy to push.

I hope everyone survived it ok! xx

mamasheshe
09-12-2010, 06:39 PM
i have a bruised bum :(

Chatterbox Childcare
09-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Mine is all gone gone gone

Alibali
10-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Ours is the same here, it seems to be getting worse with the thaw rather than better, there are now massive puddles as deep as the snow was, mixed with ice, snow and slush, I don't like it one little bit! And as for the school run, with 5 lo's to a school that we arrived at to be told it was shut again:angry:

Sorry, rant over. Take care out there xx

Louise0208
10-12-2010, 04:01 PM
im in the midlands (leicester).....and its nice & dry & 4 degrees :cool:

we often get missed by heavy snow, rain & severe cold....which is a shame as i love snow :D