PDA

View Full Version : Documentation

Helen Dempster
08-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Hello

Just a quick question or 2...

with your attendance sheets - (1) how do you remember to get the parents to sign each week (I always forget!) My attendance book is really quite bad with not getting signatures - one of the things I really must get my finger out and sort out!! (2) Do you write down ALL your mindees, even the ones who are only after school? It just seems a waste of the book for these?

Thanks all.

Bear23
08-12-2010, 09:10 PM
i know its a pain, but it has to be done for everyone

Fire drills, prove your not going over numbers etc x

jelly15
08-12-2010, 09:12 PM
I leave getting the parents to sign until the end of the month, then get the four or five at once IYSWIM. I haven'y got any schoolies at the momment but if I did I would be using it for them too.

Daisy1956
08-12-2010, 09:19 PM
I use one attendance sheet per month so only need one signature. You need to include everyone even before and after schoolies.

JCrakers
09-12-2010, 12:46 PM
I only sign mine in and out every day..parents dont. I didnt realise they had to???

Ofsted gave me a good overall and outstanding in two areas so I didnt lose out
:blush:
Becky

Mouse
09-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't get parents to sign my attendance register. I'm sure there's nothing that says you have to.

I know some people say it's good practice, but I don't see how.

clio0602
09-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I have never got parents to sign only because I forget and they are always in a rush :rolleyes:

Beetlejuice
09-12-2010, 01:56 PM
It's not an Ofsted requirement - one of my DD's friends mums is an Ofsted inspector and she told me it's not necessary. I find the parents just want to get home after their long day and don't want any extra paperwork to faff with.

ChocolateChip
09-12-2010, 02:43 PM
No, it's not a legal requirement, just considered good practice.
I used to use MM weekly attendance records but now I've made up my own, a whole month on a page for each child so I just ask them to sign once a month.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-12-2010, 03:05 PM
It isn't a requirement, legal or ofsted, that they be signed but it is a legal requirement that you have accurate time records for each child. This is for all children.

Helen Dempster
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks everyone, I will get my act together and do this properly for everyone in future. I think when my NCMA attendance register is finished, I will make my own - and just get them to sign once per month :thumbsup:

JCrakers
09-12-2010, 07:11 PM
I have an A4 sized lined hardback book/binder and I pencil 5 columns in. Its split into 4 for the four days I work. Week commencing at the top
Headers are: day of the week, name of child, Time In, Time out and signature which i sign when they leave the premises.

For the school aged children it just states in at 8am out at 8.50am...signed by me, and then later in the day I write their names again and they are in at 3.15 and out at 6pm...signed again

Becky

clio0602
09-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Sorry for butting in but can you have all children on the same sheet or a seperate one each? :o