PDA

View Full Version : ooooh im going to enjoy this

cabby
08-12-2010, 09:37 AM
one of my mums is a total nightmare payer, she pays by busybees but takes her forever to sort it each month, every day theres a different excuse:angry: well she text me on sunday to say she had paid on friday ( actually almost on time) but had put in £100 to much, so could i transfer the extra back to her asap as she needs it for christmas shopping.

think i might use some of her excuses for the week:D :D :D

Hebs
08-12-2010, 09:46 AM
one of my mums is a total nightmare payer, she pays by busybees but takes her forever to sort it each month, every day theres a different excuse:angry: well she text me on sunday to say she had paid on friday ( actually almost on time) but had put in £100 to much, so could i transfer the extra back to her asap as she needs it for christmas shopping.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

keeks
08-12-2010, 09:56 AM

:laughing:

Twinkles
Are you allowed to transfer vouchers into cash ?

I assume that's what she means ?

She has paid you by vouchers and wants some of it paid back to her by cheque or cash ?

Fairly sure that as they don't pay tax on the vouchers you aren't allowed to do that ?

maryp0ppins
you go girl........

Tell her your Internet is down, or the babies chewed the wire on the PC, or the busybee is away for the holidays, :laughing: :laughing:

Every excuse in the book :thumbsup:

mama2three
08-12-2010, 09:59 AM

She has paid you by vouchers and wants some of it paid back to her by cheque or cash ?

Fairly sure that as they don't pay tax on the vouchers you aren't allowed to do that ?

Ive just joined and remember this is in the terms and conditions. Youre not allowed to do this , and she is avoiding tax by overpaying.
At the very least tell her you need to get advice as youre not sure you can. That will delay a couple of days too!

Blaze
08-12-2010, 09:59 AM
You aren't allowed to refund via cash - you have to refund via the voucher company (& it can be a lengthy process before the parent gets the money bacK) because of the tax issue.

Blaze
08-12-2010, 10:01 AM
...it's actually probably easier if you keep the extra this month & she pays you £100 less via voucher next month!
HTH:)

...if not enjoy the excuses.

HELEN10
08-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Tell her you thought it was your Christmas Pressie:)

Goatgirl
08-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I think Twinkles is right: the vouchers are only supposed to be used for childcare.
In your position I'd probably refund the difference this once, if she sounds genuine, but also cover myself by keeping a written signed copy of her request and reason for it, just in case the tax office (or whoever!) ever ask... I know its unlikely but it could probably be classed as ..fraud..?

This did happen to me, but was a genuine overpayment and I just said I could credit it toward future payments or offer extra days until it evened out again. They chose the extra days :)

bws,
Wendy

Penny1959
08-12-2010, 10:06 AM
...it's actually probably easier if you keep the extra this month & she pays you £100 less via voucher next month!

I would do this - keep her money for a month - especially as christmas time - what a bonus.

Penny :)

FussyElmo
08-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Apart from the voucher issue I would have got the mindees mum money ready to refund and said something like "its ok its awful having to wait for your money" and enjoyed the moment.

snufflepuff
08-12-2010, 10:10 AM
You are not allowed to refund in cash... it would basically be a tax dodge and classed as fraud. The easiest option would be to carry it over to next month. Otherwise you have to go through the voucher company so that they can transfer it back to the parent properly and legally, which i'd guess may take a while. Might be worth looking online for the terms and conditions so you can give her a copy, just to prove you're not trying to be a pain you are just following the rules.

cabby
08-12-2010, 10:11 AM

i hadnt thought about that :thumbsup:

oh no it might take a bit longer than planned now:rolleyes: :D :D

caz3007
08-12-2010, 10:28 AM
As its not allowed, I would take great satisfaction in telling her and saying you can either keep it against next months invoice or arrange to get it refunded back into her voucher account, which will obviously take time

tashaleee
08-12-2010, 12:48 PM
As its not allowed, I would take great satisfaction in telling her and saying you can either keep it against next months invoice or arrange to get it refunded back into her voucher account, which will obviously take time

agree with this... shame its not likely to get back to her before christmas either knowing how appalling some voucher companies are :rolleyes: :D :laughing:

rickysmiths
08-12-2010, 01:22 PM

I agree. You are not allowed to refund voucher money to the parent. Any refund money has to go back to the voucher company.

Hebs
08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
oh how nice of your problem parent to pay you a christmas bonus :thumbsup:

personally i think it was planned, as she normally has excuses for late payments i bet she's relying on this money for something :D enjoy telling her she cant have it :p

glitzygal
08-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I agree i have seen the terms and conditions, your not suposed to do this,

i would say you rang them and they wont let you do it,

say it will be in advance now ,lol

keep it and she wont have any next month or much to pay you.

she wont do it again,,,:jump for joy:

it could be clased as fraud.
be careful

PixiePetal
08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I agree too - my parent gives me paper vouchers and if they are over the amount, we carry it over to the next week/month.

Tough on her I am afraid. I would not want to be part of a tax fiddle - intentional or not :rolleyes: