PDA

View Full Version : STUPID QUESTION ALERT!!!

VINASOL
07-12-2010, 07:29 PM
OK. There's this chart somewhere which is quite big which breaks down all of the age stages and their development.

It's a big vague I know, but it's bugging me and I wanted to have a look at it.

Does anyone know what the H I'm talking about?

lol

Thank You.

MaryMary
07-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Have you tried looking at the CD in the EYFS pack?
I know there used to be a chart for the birth to three matters, but I think there is too much info now with the EYFS, and it is all in the book. It can be quite hard to look anything up though! :panic:
The CD is quite good, as you can put in the age & area of learning, etc to narrow things down.

appleblossom
07-12-2010, 11:26 PM
There is a chart in the EYFS pack but it is A4 size. I find those very hard to work with. A3 is far better. I do have an A3 one which came with a mindee who was previously at a day nursery. This one also differs from the one in the EYFS pack as it gives approximate age ranges down the left hand side against all the development criteria. So it is definitely different, not just bigger. I asked my DO if they could supply the big chart but she just sent me a load of text documents detailing all the learning outcomes for each age and stage. Not quite what I was asking for but it seems it was all they had.

Penny1959
08-12-2010, 03:06 AM
I have something which breaks down areas of development into 6 areas and the EYFS overlapping stages of development - was produced by LA. Is in booklet form so A4 pages. I use it within my LJ's as a summary doc and like the fact that space for comment - I just put where evidence is / came from ie 'Photo pg ?? / comment from parent date - and so on.

The LA have now done a much shorted sort of tick list thing - which I don't like.

Don't think is copyrighted (will check) so maybe able to share if anyone interested (Pm me)

Penny :)