PDA

View Full Version : Arrrggh deep breaths required !

handeme
07-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

I have just taken a call from prospects and they have had a cancellation and want to come and do my pre-reg inspection tomorrow at 12!!!

I have not finished filling in the registration booklet yet.

I do have all my policies and procedures in place, first aid course done, dhc done, cieh in food hygeine done. I also have some other paper work, observation sheet, signing in and out register etc

Can anyone tell me what happens she said she will be here for about 2 hours.

I am missing a few pieces in my first aid kit and I have just had a leak and i currently have no landing light, is this a problem, do they check first aid kit.

Help help help, deep breaths required !!

c x

Pixie dust
07-12-2010, 06:13 PM
You should be fine.....when I had mine they didn't even want to see my policies, it was more to check the environment and had a lovely chat about childminding and what I was expected to have in place before I started.

good luck

miffy
07-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Good luck - I'm sure everything will be fine, the inspector will probably be grateful you agreed to see her at such short notice.

They won't expect you to have everything in place at this point and it's your opportunity to ask questions too.

Let us know how it goes

Miffy xx

Goatgirl
07-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi :),
As others have said, relax:its not like a graded inspection. They just want to check you are a suitable person and have thought through your provision to make sure you can provide a safe setting, adhere to the requirements etc.
They can help you if there's an area you're not sure of.
Current problems like leaks which can be sorted before you mind wont be a problem. Just explain how it will be when you are actually minding. Regarding safety, If you can see the risks and have plans to minimise or neutralise them that's all they really want at this stage.

Hope it goes well, and when the inspector has gone, you can just relax and enjoy the run up to christmas :)

bws,
Wendy :)