PDA

View Full Version : What's the phone number to report tax credit fraud? (plus mini rant!)

buzzy bee
07-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I saw it on a thread a while ago but can't remember the name of the thread!

Am getting really fed up of people using me... had one mum sign a contract for 3 days after school. She has the sort of work where she books clients in so even tho I went through the small print with her she thought she wouldn't have to pay if mindee didn't come. When she found out she threatened to leave so (being kind AND desperate!) I said to only pay me for Mondays as her child is the only one I have that day so otherwise it would be a day off for me, then pay me for the other days if she uses me.

Well lo and behold she seems to be very busy with clients until 5.30 every monday but has no clients the other days when she's not paying me. BUT is still claiming tax credits, and mindee keeps telling me about the 42" plasma they're getting for christmas. :angry:

meanwhile my DS is getting nothing for xmas because we are broke. (he's only 1 so won't even notice!)

pinkbutterfly
07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Here https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/benefitfraud/

miffy
07-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Review your contract and tell her you will have to charge for the three days - it looks like she is only using you on Mondays so she can claim her tax credits for all 3 days.

If she decides to leave you aren't really losing much are you? And at least you won't feel so used.

Then report her to tax credits..................

Miffy xx

buzzy bee
08-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Thanks.

Part of me thinks I should just change the contract to Mondays only. Then that's £10 in my pocket once a week and then if she comes other days (when I do a school run anyway) I can just see that as extra money. Then I won't feel resentful.

mama2three
08-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I would do a review too - offer her the option of reducing her contract to Mondays only, as you suggest - or start charging for the three days. Remind her that if she chooses option 1 then you need to inform tax credits . Then leave it with her to choose an option. Shes unlikely to go for 1 if she thinks she'll lose out on the credits!

buzzy bee
09-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Well I offered her a reduced contract of Mondays only for £10 a week plus extra hours if she needed me (trying to be flexible for her)

She told me she needed someone who was more flexible and then said she wouldn't get her tax credits for the other days if she did that. So basically it transpired that I was right - she actually told me she was struggling with her business and as she wasn't making any money with it she was paying for rent and bills with her tax credits!!

Anyway, she's now given me notice (well actually she was gonna just not send mindee again until I reminded her of 4 weeks notice)

:angry:

Daftbat
09-12-2010, 10:28 AM
It's disgraceful how some people operate - how can this woman sleep at night???????

She obviously thinks its ok for her to get something for nothing and expect everyone else to fall in line with her - def report her - I am so cross for you!!!!!!!