PDA

View Full Version : Learning journeys

little miss chatterbox
06-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi All

I'm just updating my learning journeys and wondered what I should do in the respect of photos that include other children.

Is it ok to include them as I have photo permissions from parents or do they not cover other people's learning journeys?

I have some photos where you can just see the back of the child's head or their hair over their face so I'm sure there's no problem with those (although the parents will know who they are they wont be able to do much with the photo) but wondered what I should do where their faces are visible?

Thanks

Bear23
06-12-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't do anything, parents sign a form at the begining, i think my lj would look awful if they didn't show other faces.

sarah707
06-12-2010, 09:13 PM
I try to take photos of individual children because of this problem.

Some parents are fine about it but others aren't too keen so I try to follow their wishes. :D

Noomie
06-12-2010, 10:13 PM
I think parents like to see their children interacting with others. And the observation that goes with the photo only indicates the child's learning, not the other. I think we stress over these things too much. While it is nice to take everyone's opinions into account, it can just become impossible! I don't think parents would even think about it unless you pointed it out. And if they do notice and take offence, you can always change what you do for that child in the future if you see what I mean?

Daisy1956
06-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I have it in my photo permission that they may be included in the photos with the other children, none of the parents have a problem with it, they like to see photos of them sharing experiences.

appleblossom
07-12-2010, 12:43 AM
As the learning Journeys go with the children when they leave I think it's lovely for them to have photographs of them playing and sharing activities with their friends; A precious time to look back on.

Today we were all looking at the photographs of the children playing in the snow last week. By far the best ones are of several children interacting, rather than those of a single child.

Penny1959
07-12-2010, 04:32 AM
I have permission from all parents that their childrens photo's can be in other childrens LJ's - only use first names of course.

All parents have agreed - including one set who do not their child's photo on the website (which of course I abide with)

I think it would be really difficult to show most of PSED development without including other children.

Only word of warning is of course non minded children who accidently get into the photo when at the park, soft play etc. as they can not be in LJ's as no photo permission and need to be careful as do not know if safeguarding issues may arise if others see the non minded children in a photo.

Penny :)

Cammie Doodle
07-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Carolyn and I have a signed permission sheet allowing children' photos to appear in each others learning journals, all our Parents are more than happy with this, as they like the thought of in years to come looking through the book and seeing their childrens friends and what they got up to