PDA

View Full Version : Accounts question

catlyn
06-12-2010, 11:48 AM
can I ask how everyone manages their accounts please? I have recently started childminding and need to get my head around keeping accounts, I have seen a pakage advertised for sale at £15 on net mums and I am wondering if this is what I need to do to make life easier? does anyone have any thoughts or advice for me on this please

rickysmiths
06-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I have always used the NCMA Accounts book. Simple to fill in each week as you go along and it all adds up so that at the end of the year you have all the figures you need to put on your tax return.

acorns
06-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Same here, I have found the NCMA accounts book the simplest to use, and all the info is there at a glance when it somes to the end of the tax year

mrs_scottydog
06-12-2010, 02:20 PM
I've just started too and find the NCMA accounts book very easy to use. I try and put in purchases within a week to keep on top of it all. :) Hx

catlyn
06-12-2010, 02:24 PM
thanks...I have read some bad reports about the NCMA book so I wasnt going to use it but might have a go now..thanks again x

miss mopple
06-12-2010, 02:39 PM
I use a package- could well be the one you are talking about. Its fab :thumbsup:

catlyn
06-12-2010, 03:05 PM
it probably is...this is what I was wondering....if it was easier to use than the book...has anyone tried both and found one better than the other?

keeks
06-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm a bit lost when it comes to accounts too. My friends who are self employed say it is sooo easy on the computer, print off the sheets and you're done. It does sound easy, but I don't know where to start. One of them is going to help me though.

xx

mr man
06-12-2010, 05:10 PM
i do my husband books using as spreat sheet. its very simple to use. although i i ahve not started yet, i will probably use the template spread sheet. Once i have it adjusted to a CM business i dont mind sharing it. The template is originally on the computer, so when i get that back up and running ( was put away to have a laptop) i'll share it. It's created microsoft excel.

catlyn
06-12-2010, 05:12 PM
thanks...the one I was looking at was £15 but it has really good reviews everyone who uses it says how easy it is and how it beats writing in the books hands down

keeks
06-12-2010, 05:24 PM
i do my husband books using as spreat sheet. its very simple to use. although i i ahve not started yet, i will probably use the template spread sheet. Once i have it adjusted to a CM business i dont mind sharing it. The template is originally on the computer, so when i get that back up and running ( was put away to have a laptop) i'll share it. It's created microsoft excel.

Thank you, that's very kind of you. Looking forward! :)

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
08-12-2010, 03:17 PM
This is just my personal view but the NCMA books are fantastic, especially if you haven't done the accounts before.

I used them for my first 2 years and then when I knew what I was doing created a spreadsheet.

I would recommend the books to anyone and the IR are aware of their content and like them too. I have never heard of anyone not getting along with them as they are basic and simple to use.

Use a spreadsheet in the future is my advice once you know what you are doing and how it works

georgie456
08-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I use my own spreadsheet now I am used to doing tax returns but used the NCMA one for a couple of years - you really can't go wrong with them - they are fab.