PDA

View Full Version : Help with English please

keeks
06-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Usually I get by fine with my English, but sometimes I get stuck!

I am updating my website, and am writing a passage about my house. I want to say

"There is a storage room next to the lounge where all the toys and resources are kept."

I have two questions, one is do you call it a storage room? It is a small room with a proper door, and lots of shelves up the walls.

Next question is how do you say "next to" in a better way? I want to say "connected to" or something like that, but can't find the right phrase. The door opens from the lounge, so want to point out easy access.

Thanks
xx

Graham
06-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Next question is how do you say "next to" in a better way? I want to say "connected to" or something like that, but can't find the right phrase. The door opens from the lounge, so want to point out easy access.

How about "adjacent to" or "adjacent with a connecting door"

sarah707
06-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Storage room is fine... or maybe something like 'storage cupboard complete with shelving to hold the resources'. :D

RainbowMum
06-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Toys and resources are easily accessible in a dedicated storage room adjacent to the lounge.

How does that sound?

xx

keeks
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Thank you all, that's really helpful. I knew there was a word like adjacent, just couldn't find it in my fluffy mind (am full of cold).

I'll put it on there today.

Thanks again
xx

Chatterbox Childcare
07-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Toys and resources are easily accessible in a dedicated storage room adjacent to the lounge.

How does that sound?

xx

This sounds great and you could use storage area if you don#t like room

keeks
07-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I agree, I actually stole the whole sentence! Thanks Rainbow mum! :D