PDA

View Full Version : Christmas party ideas

venus89
05-12-2010, 08:39 PM
In my wisdom I have agreed we'll have a Christmas party at group this week (bah humbug :laughing: ) but I have run out of time to organise anything! I've asked other childminders to bring food/drink and/or activities we can do but asking and getting aren't the same thing!!

So, any ideas for what we can do, bearing in mind the children vary in age from 10 months to 4 years.....

Chell
05-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Lots of Christmas balloons on the floor for them to play with.

loocyloo
05-12-2010, 08:55 PM
make paperchains? using a guillotine ( or scissors! ) cut a christmas catalogue into strips and then let the children glue them into paperchains ( or whatever they want to! LOL! )

cut up old christmas cards to make mini jigsaw puzzles. maybe use some as a treasure hunt type activity for older children.

ice biscuits/cakes

christmas colouring in pictures/glitter

make christmas cards

make a tree decoration - a shaped piece of card with a hole punched in top and thread put through. children can handprint, colour, sticker, glitter .....

christmas story and song time

pass the parcel? musical bumps?

have fun! xxx

venus89
05-12-2010, 08:58 PM
:D thank you both - good ideas :D

glitzygal
05-12-2010, 09:00 PM
hi its a hard one, giving the age range, but we play pass the parcel and the younger ones sit on minders laps to be apart of the game,
we have music and dancing games, musicle bumps with the help of the minders, its a mad noisey party for us so ear plugs ready and away you go,

its great fun to,
:clapping:
you could have fancy dress to, winner of different age ranges, get childminders to dress up to, i have won the minders dress up award few times, lol maybe im the biggest kid there,,lol dancing etc

hope your party goes well
good luck,