PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for a present - 2.5yr old

Chell
05-12-2010, 06:45 PM
I need some ideas of what to buy DD2 for Christmas. As she is the youngest of three children there are already lots of toys in the house.

Any ideas what I could buy her? Her present pile looks pitiful compared to her brother and sisters. She is really excited this year unlike last year when she had no idea whether she'd been bought a gift or not.

I don't want to buy for the sake of buying. It could be something that would be a good childminding resources but something she would get benefit from too.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is a nice wooden magnetic fishing set.

Trouble
05-12-2010, 06:49 PM
I need some ideas of what to buy DD2 for Christmas. As she is the youngest of three children there are already lots of toys in the house.

Any ideas what I could buy her? Her present pile looks pitiful compared to her brother and sisters. She is really excited this year unlike last year when she had no idea whether she'd been bought a gift or not.

I don't want to buy for the sake of buying. It could be something that would be a good childminding resources but something she would get benefit from too.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is a nice wooden magnetic fishing set.

how old is she?

sarah707
05-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Is she really girly?

You could wrap lots of little hair and necklace / bracelet bits for her :D

FussyElmo
05-12-2010, 07:10 PM
My dd has who is about the same age has had new happyland set and a mama and papas pushchair set.

She is the youngest of four so it is really hard and we do have most things. Other than that Im telling everyone who asks to buy her a doll as she loves them :thumbsup:

Chell
05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Is she really girly?

You could wrap lots of little hair and necklace / bracelet bits for her :D
I've got her one of those little wooden pretend watches and two little wooden bracelets. She has things like new wellies, slippers socks, cup, toothbrush, etc.

I know it sounds daft but I need something bigger to wrap.

Chell
05-12-2010, 07:30 PM
My dd has who is about the same age has had new happyland set and a mama and papas pushchair set.

She is the youngest of four so it is really hard and we do have most things. Other than that Im telling everyone who asks to buy her a doll as she loves them :thumbsup:

We've got quite a bit of FP Little People which is hardly used, she'll play more with Rosies World (ELC), my Little Ponies (My Mum bought some for her and DD).

She does like dolls but we seem to have lots. You've given me an idea though, I could buy a new outfit for one of them. Mind you, I grudge the price of dolls clothes, they are extortionate. :eek:

FussyElmo
05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Probably a daft question has she got a toy washing machine mine loves sitting there putting the dolls clothes in and out.

Chell
05-12-2010, 07:46 PM
We've got the ELC plastic one but the door falls off all the time. We've got the ELC kitchen but one door is broken. I am wondering if I should get her this:

http://www.knotjustjigs.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=539

It would sit far nicer in my dining/play room than the plastic one. We had considered the Ikea kitchen but I can't see me getting to Ikea this side of Christmas and the dimensions of this one fit our room better.

little miss chatterbox
05-12-2010, 07:47 PM
how about a dolls house?

A nice wooden one will last her years but will also be good for her age now

Chell
05-12-2010, 07:50 PM
how about a dolls house?

A nice wooden one will last her years but will also be good for her age now
We don't have room for one. She is in a tiny room in bunk beds with her big sis. Our house is on the market.

I know the toy kitchen is big but they get well used by all age children, girls and boys. My mindees play with the one we have a lot.

pinkbutterfly
05-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't know if that will help you but I have just ordered sari outfit and a Chinese dress for my 2.5 year old. Like yours she already has a lot of toys that were passed down from her older sibling. She loves dressing up though and it will tick my diversity resources box too. I don't like buying bulky items as my house doesn't stretch and I already have trouble with organising what we have ...

mamasheshe
05-12-2010, 08:10 PM
my dd2 is three and she has got a trike and a table top puppet theater this year she's also asked for a toy garage from granny. i have the problem that these are all quite big things to un wrap whereas her sister (5) wants a Nintendo ds xl which is more expensive but little to unwrap oh well :rolleyes:

mamasheshe
05-12-2010, 08:11 PM
playmobile?

Zoomie
05-12-2010, 08:12 PM
My DD is just 3 now, but we got her this for last Xmas.

http://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/product/mini-micro-tbar-scooter-pink/

She shares everything, as most toys are MINE, so I felt it important for her to get something which is her's.

Zoomie
05-12-2010, 08:13 PM
my dd2 is three and she has got a trike and a table top puppet theater this year she's also asked for a toy garage from granny. i have the problem that these are all quite big things to un wrap whereas her sister (5) wants a Nintendo ds xl which is more expensive but little to unwrap oh well :rolleyes:

Put the DS in a big box :D

mamasheshe
05-12-2010, 08:14 PM

hmm tempting

loocyloo
05-12-2010, 08:35 PM

can i put my DS in a big box?!! :laughing: maybe i can post him to someone!

how abut some 'real' baby clothes if she has a doll big enough for them? DD was over the moon with a huge pile of baby vests/gro's/outfits ( all from the charity shop ) for her babydolls, esp as it meant she got lots as opposed to just one or two badly made dolls outfits ! :rolleyes:

or a big box of blown up balloons? !!! that would be lots of fun!

xxx

manjay
05-12-2010, 09:12 PM
We've got the ELC plastic one but the door falls off all the time. We've got the ELC kitchen but one door is broken. I am wondering if I should get her this:

It would sit far nicer in my dining/play room than the plastic one. We had considered the Ikea kitchen but I can't see me getting to Ikea this side of Christmas and the dimensions of this one fit our room better.

I have one very similar to this in our kitchen. My ds had it for christmas when he was 2 1/2. Everyone loves it and much more pleasing on the eye than a plastic one.

Gizmo
05-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Does she like Peppa Pig Asda are doing a great set for £20 and the box is really big, loads of figures and stuff and reduced from £50 so a bargain too :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
05-12-2010, 09:34 PM
We have a wooden kitchen which is well used and awooden tool bench which dd loves :thumbsup:

BlondeMoment
05-12-2010, 09:39 PM
What is she into? Does she have a favourite TV character or something?

Something with her name on it to be a bit more personal for her?

Must be hard when it comes to buying new things for a third child when there is already so much in the house.
Have a look through Argos book for ideas :)

Chell
06-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Just to update and thank everyone for their ideas. I went with the toy cooker in the link and also this doll which will have her name on it.

http://www.knotjustjigs.co.uk/images/EM.jpg

She is always asking me to write her name when she is playing with crayons so I think she will like her named doll. It will have blonde hair like she has herself.

linda2girls
06-12-2010, 09:51 PM
The doll is beautiful. What a lovely present.

Linda.

gegele
06-12-2010, 10:50 PM
i'm going out of the box:

a balance bike, beautiful wooden ones ebay shop about £25quids!