PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted is coming Wed, Thurs or Fri - EEK

ma7ie
14-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Just got the call. I'm parping it now.

:(

jmoff
14-04-2008, 12:53 PM
everybody seems to be getting the call at the moment! I will be next!

Good luck !

Jana x

deeb66
14-04-2008, 12:53 PM
I am sure you will be fine Marie.

Try not to worry

Good luck :thumbsup:

angeldelight
14-04-2008, 12:54 PM
I am sure you will be fine Marie

Good luck

Angel xx

Lou
14-04-2008, 12:55 PM
You will be fine try not to panic!!!

Everyone does seem to be getting it at once, they must be doing a mega catch up!!

ma7ie
14-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I thought I'd be ok, but I'm actually shaking - could be crying any minute now :(

I struggle to find things to keep "T" occupied at the best of times and go out most mornings.

What am I going to do?:eek:

deeb66
14-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I thought I'd be ok, but I'm actually shaking - could be crying any minute now :(

I struggle to find things to keep "T" occupied at the best of times and go out most mornings.

What am I going to do?:eek:

Something that will keep T occupied and engrossed.

Some sort of art & craft maybe?

angeldelight
14-04-2008, 12:59 PM
stay calm - very very calm haha

she is only human well most of them are anyway haha

you are going to be ok keep telling yourself this

xx

Banana
14-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Good Luck Marie!!

xxx

ma7ie
14-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Something that will keep T occupied and engrossed.

Some sort of art & craft maybe?

He's not interested in arts & crafts. Can't get him interested in painting, playdoh, water play, sand play. He just wanders around pushing things like cars or the toy vacuum cleaner.

Poppy will play with arty stuff for ages but the inspector won't be interested in her will she?

sarah707
14-04-2008, 01:06 PM
She'll be watching to see how you manage both children - so you just need to do your best, which is what you do anyway every day... so don't worry! :D

Spangles
14-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Can't you just let him push things about though? Just smile to the inspector and say that he's got a strong transporting schema and you are letting him explore it while you take mental notes of what he's doing, etc.

If you get a football out will he roll it back and forth to you and push that along - dribble? You could do that with him and he's learning co-ordination, etc.

I don't know how old he is but could you get a few smallish balls and get him to roll them and see which goes the furthest or a game of skittles????

I don't know! Just trying to help because I can feel your stress and I know I will be exactly the same when it comes to me - which must be soon!!! AHHHHH!

Good luck.

deeb66
14-04-2008, 01:19 PM
I had a child much the same when I had my previous inspection a few years ago.

I sat and played indoor skittles and encouraged to roll the ball....as well as showing motor skills it also brought in things like counting the skittles when standing up and they were different colours so we talked about that too.

And of course the most important thing of all is that the child was enjoying herself and laughing which really pleased the inspector.

miffy
14-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Good luck Marie try not to worry you will be fine :)

miffy xx

Trouble
14-04-2008, 05:48 PM
im dreading it if they ring me i think id jack it in

good luck thou:clapping: :clapping:

mumtodaniel
14-04-2008, 05:56 PM
just wanted to wish you good luck, I am sure it will all go well, what about duplo, or building blocks, he would build them up and watch them fall down etc, and you can talk about the colours etc.

kaz1501
14-04-2008, 06:13 PM
just wanted to wish you good luck. :)

Karen
x x x

ma7ie
14-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks everyone.

Poor hubby's keeping well out of the way now. I'm a bit of a stresshead at the best of times. Think he's praying it'll be wednesday or his live won't be worth living. :laughing: