PDA

View Full Version : Decorating a Christmas tree

sillysausage
04-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Here is an idea I got off a Montessori inspired blog somewhere in internet land. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it so I can't link to it directly.

Basically you need a small table top Christmas tree and some child safe decorations including tinsel etc. Place them on a tray or table (or floor) and allow children to decorate and undecorate (ok so I can't think of the word right now ...senior moment) it to their hearts desire.

I looked around town for a cheap suitable Xmas tree and found 2ft ones in Poundstretcher in green, blue or white for £2.49, which are perfect and being small it doesn't matter if they get knocked or pulled over etc. I've got tons of spare decs so this works out at a really cheap activity to amuse little ones and hopefully deter them from going for our bigger tree!

At some point I'll put a pic on when I've assembled everything

sarah707
04-12-2010, 04:38 PM
That sounds like a lovely idea thank you for sharing! :D

Chimps Childminding
04-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Sounds like something the kids would really enjoy doing, thanks for that!!! Think I have a small tree lurking somewhere (my boys used to have one each in their bedroom but at 19 don't think they will miss it :D ) will have a look and see if I can sort it out for next week.!!

Thanks for the idea!!!

Allie
05-12-2010, 08:30 PM
What a great idea, just the thing to keep them busy and happy

Allie

Chell
06-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Asda had Smartprice trees for £1 today. They were 2 - 3 ft tall, ideal for this activity.

SandCastles
06-12-2010, 10:59 PM
What a brilliant idea. Will start searching for cheap decs and tree
Thanks again for the idea

angeldelight
07-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Great idea

Thanks for sharing

Angel xx

miffy
07-12-2010, 07:49 AM
That is a lovely idea - thank you for sharing!

Miffy xx

sillysausage
07-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Just an update...my mindees have been playing at decorating the tree virtually non-stop for the last two days. I'm going to change some of the decs for a bit more variety

Trouble
07-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Here is an idea I got off a Montessori inspired blog somewhere in internet land. Unfortunately I didn't bookmark it so I can't link to it directly.

Basically you need a small table top Christmas tree and some child safe decorations including tinsel etc. Place them on a tray or table (or floor) and allow children to decorate and undecorate (ok so I can't think of the word right now ...senior moment) it to their hearts desire.

I looked around town for a cheap suitable Xmas tree and found 2ft ones in Poundstretcher in green, blue or white for £2.49, which are perfect and being small it doesn't matter if they get knocked or pulled over etc. I've got tons of spare decs so this works out at a really cheap activity to amuse little ones and hopefully deter them from going for our bigger tree!

At some point I'll put a pic on when I've assembled everything
focus diy sell little ones for 2.99:thumbsup: