PDA

View Full Version : Departure times

kymberly
03-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi all,

I,m looking for advice for filling in my register. When a parent arrives to pick up at say 5.30 but you chat and get stuff ready for home and coats on etc until 5.45 - what do you put in your register, 5.30 or 5.45?

I'm thinking I should look at the clock when the parent comes through the door (5.30) and note that time as departure (although this is often difficult to remember when it's a mad rush and you finally get round to writing it down).

What do others do? Thanks

Trouble
03-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I would write 5.30:thumbsup:

Andrea08
03-12-2010, 02:46 PM
lol it should be time LO leaves i think or handing over of responsibility..

me well to be honest i round it up to what i remember so not always on the min.. sorry

some nurseries ask parents to sign out and add time so its on way out the door....

Chatterbox Childcare
03-12-2010, 02:52 PM
I would put in when the parent arrives as that is when your responsibility for the mindees stops

caz3007
03-12-2010, 02:59 PM
This scenario happens here a lot, but I like the mums and happy to have a chat and the children are a lot older. I write down the time the mums arrive, as then in my view the children become their responsibility

samb
03-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I also write time the parent arrives

rickysmiths
03-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I put when the parent and child leave my house because that is when my responsiblity ends. So 5.45 would be in my register. I find that it can be a bit of a grey area as to who is responsible for the child once the parent has arrived so I assume I am until the door is shut!

lisal5632
03-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I put when the parent and child leave my house because that is when my responsiblity ends. So 5.45 would be in my register. I find that it can be a bit of a grey area as to who is responsible for the child once the parent has arrived so I assume I am until the door is shut!

Me too! if a child fell in my house even when mum was there, i would put it in my accident book and get parent to sign - you just never know!:rolleyes:

sarah707
03-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I am responsible for children until they leave my house.

This means that if something happens like the child does something I find unacceptable I can manage the situation.

Also like lisal says if the child has an accident while still on my premises or if there is an incident I would write it up.

So... I sign them out from the time they actually walk out of the door. :D

Ripeberry
03-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Also if you get parents who like to chat....a lot, you can add up how much extra time they are 'costing' you :rolleyes:

Chimps Childminding
03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I also put the time the child actually leaves my premises.

teacake2
03-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I actually get the parents to sign their child in and out and then the children find their picture out and put it up to say who is here. This saves any arguments as well over the times they are actually with me. (They sign out as they leave)
Teacake2

nannysue
03-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I rang NCMA about this when it first came in about exact times ...... and after some discussion they said that i should put the time the parent actually arrives to collect the child .

louised
04-12-2010, 12:05 AM
I always put the time they actually leave, regardless of what ncma says or anyone else. I do this so I have records of the times that children actually leave my premises, I have so many parents that hang around and I need to be able to show then how long they are overstaying their welcome

kymberly
07-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks for yourr opinions ladies :)

Another 'grey' area :eek: :eek:

samb
08-12-2010, 02:23 PM
I am glad this has come up and will noe change to writing the time they actually leave - usually only 5 minutes in it for me luckily but it has made me think about who is responsible etc so thank you - very useful