PDA

View Full Version : Who Minds and development worker

Lincsminder
03-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Just text my dw to tell her our group photo was in who minds this month and she panicked and phoned me back hoping it wasn't the one from Children in need (it wasn't it was the big tidy up in the summer).
Apparently she was told she couldn't attend the children in need sponsored walk as it isn't part of her remit but as it was in her diary before she was told otherwise she came anyway, bringing balloons and resources for us to use. She has been told to no longer support us at events or group meetings but to concentrate on visiting x amount of childminders each week in their own home for one to one support. Am I the only one who thinks this is madness, she can see 6-8 of us at one meeting for an hour or spend the whole week traveling around to visit us in our homes to tell us the same info she could have bought to our toddler group or evening meeting.
Caroline

Chatterbox Childcare
03-12-2010, 02:18 PM
I think I understand the thoughts behind this

1. Not all childminders come to meetings

2. Not all childminders are confident in speaking up in front of others

3. By going to the homes the DW accessed the minder, mindees and workplace.

It is to bring on those who are not doing so well or need help but won't ask for it

Our network no longer caters for a "few" but every childminder in our area and they get visited at home each year with funding available for additional support

Andrea08
03-12-2010, 02:19 PM
its maddness, we have 1 out of 3 DO's left and she looking for a new job and news is she will not be replaced... the cuts and so on its a joke lol