PDA

View Full Version : Profile viewed childcare.co.uk

clio0602
03-12-2010, 02:12 PM
There is someone on childcare.co.uk who keeps on viewing my profile and viewing my profile plus info. In Nov they viewed me 18 times!

They have on their profile they are looking for a nanny for 2 under5's so I don't fit what they want and don't have space but why would they keep looking?

Not sure whether to contact them and see if I could help them in some way if they are desperate as they only 1mile away from me. Hmmmm....

caz3007
03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
If someone views my profile, I usually send them a message, with my phone number stating that I would love to chat about their requirements.

Playmate
03-12-2010, 02:29 PM
We had someone a few months ago who viewed our profile loads, the first few times I sent her a message giving her further details and trying to get her to call us. on about the 6th or 7th occaision she got a snotty message asking her to stop viewing if she wasn't going to answer my messages, funnily she stopped :rolleyes: It so annoys me when when I message someone and they can't even be bothered to message me back and say no thank you:angry:

Pipsqueak
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
sometimes, its other childcare providers having a nosey

sometimes its parent having a nosey to see what type of standard or things they should be looking for

caz3007
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
We had someone a few months ago who viewed our profile loads, the first few times I sent her a message giving her further details and trying to get her to call us. on about the 6th or 7th occaision she got a snotty message asking her to stop viewing if she wasn't going to answer my messages, funnily she stopped :rolleyes: It so annoys me when when I message someone and they can't even be bothered to message me back and say no thank you:angry:

I have sent countless messages on there and only one ever replied and I now look after the little girl. I had a nursery nurse contact me asking if I had any vacancies and I replied, it just seems the right thing to do. Why cant someone just say, I am sorted now thank you

cassie63
03-12-2010, 03:21 PM
I've also sent loads of messages to parents on this site who look at my profile or just register but dont put any details of what there looking for. Alot of them are like someone else said for sure just noseing around.

Newbie1!
03-12-2010, 03:27 PM
He He - glad its not just me!! I get soooo frustrated with it! I must have sent 15 messages and received one "no thank you" reply and she explained why (location etc) which was great. Annoyingly the others still view my profile regularly (do they think it will suddenly change!!)

Would be interested to know whether people send a second message if they have no response from the first??

(PS There are a few CM's local to us who always view all of our profiles (In CM Network) every day!!) :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
03-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I often used to look at profiles and didn't realise for a while that it meant people knew I had looked... so I stopped.

It was just interest and me being a bit nosey wondering what others had put about themselves :D

a3human
03-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Before I was interested in Childminding I was looking for a childminder on there. I viewed probably over a 100 childminders... not one bothered to contact me... so must say I'm impressed with you lot who sends a message.

But it can be that the person saved the page as a favourite... and maybe on your page... so everytime they go on the site using their favourite... it sends you a message that its been viewed.

kentcfis
03-12-2010, 04:46 PM
not that we use it but can you not block 'nuisance' people from accessing/reviewing your profiles or does it not work like that?

Playmate
03-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Before I was interested in Childminding I was looking for a childminder on there. I viewed probably over a 100 childminders... not one bothered to contact me... so must say I'm impressed with you lot who sends a message.

But it can be that the person saved the page as a favourite... and maybe on your page... so everytime they go on the site using their favourite... it sends you a message that its been viewed.

I have now stopped messaging people who just view my profile, I think if they are interested they will message me :D

If you want view someones profile, but don't want them to know, don't log in, then a message is not sent :D

aly
04-12-2010, 09:43 AM
not that we use it but can you not block 'nuisance' people from accessing/reviewing your profiles or does it not work like that?
no its not possible.

aly
04-12-2010, 09:44 AM

I don't think that can happen as it logs you out, so even if the page is bookmarked you would still need to log in.

Weird though if she keeps looking at you.

gegele
04-12-2010, 09:51 AM
i'm guilty of looking several time the same profile as i forget lol, and i do, closest search, thenlast login and sometime i don't recognise name...:blush:

But i only sent messages to parents who add me a s favorite or if they view several time and i can help.

maybe she's stalking you lol

i done "who looked at my profile" and lots of childminder popped up!!!! :laughing: