PDA

View Full Version : Brain Freeze!

Bananabrain
03-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone, hope you're all warm.
A couple of my local childminders have been saying this week that the cold weather{And it has been jolly cold,nuff snow already!} has been making them feel physically unwell.
Was pleased they said that 'cos I thought I was just being a wimp!
Have finally got to the bottom of why I've been feeling a bit sicky. Especially after school runs. Just did nursery run and got back feeling ill. Dawned on me that it's because I didn't put my hood up! Brain freeze,literally.
Anyone else feel the same?
Reckon I need a hat. At the point where I really don't care if I look like a bag lady!
I bet you lot are gonna say that you don't do school runs in the winter without hats aren't you:laughing:
It takes me a while to catch on sometimes!

Trouble
03-12-2010, 01:34 PM
I have everything on i dont care what i look like anymore:D :D

i even bought a pair of mans walking boots as they were better tread that womens !!!!!!:clapping: big socks help:laughing:

loocyloo
03-12-2010, 01:41 PM
i look a bit like the michelin man, but i'm warm !

Bananabrain
03-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I've just bought some Dr Martin's. And I wear thermals. In fact the mindees have been laughing at my 'wooly knickers' {long johns}
Need a hat tho'
Always make sure little ones are wearing hats but forget about me!

Alibali
03-12-2010, 01:43 PM
I bet you lot are gonna say that you don't do school runs in the winter without hats aren't you:laughing:

I never do the school run in the winter without a hat on:laughing: :laughing:

Trouble
03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
i wear vests:blush: and i might invest in some thermals

have just bought my son some as he works in a garage and hes never had them off to say when we bought them he said Im not wearing them:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sweets
03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I've just bought some Dr Martin's. And I wear thermals. In fact the mindees have been laughing at my 'wooly knickers' {long johns}
Need a hat tho'
Always make sure little ones are wearing hats but forget about me!

ive got a pair of docs that i bought as a teeneager and i still wear them now 25 years later! they are brill, look a bit like walking boots but not as chunky and are like wearing a pair of slippers! they last for years even without regular cleaning :blush: lol.

ive never worn a hat but have been looking for one this year but every time i try one on in shops i look about 12! lol

shellib
03-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Ive just bought myself a lovely thick long coat, it's got a hood on it and my teenager says "Please dont wear that coat when you pick me up from school, the hood up and the scarf around your face you look like a gangster!!!" hehe :laughing:

clio0602
03-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I do feel a bit ill when being out in the cold without a hat or hood up! Can't really explain it its like pressure in my head and a sicky feeling, oh and ear ache! I have been able to drive luckily as its too far too walk really in this weather but I know exactly what you mean. I thought it was just me lol x

The Juggler
03-12-2010, 06:02 PM
i borrowed my sons this week, one with the long dangly strings and a big pom pom on top but I didn't care - it was warm:blush: