PDA

View Full Version : A positive children's centre story

Stormy
02-12-2010, 10:53 PM
One of my local children's centre had an Oftsed inspection and I was asked if I would mind talking to the inspector, she was the friendliest inspector I have come across in 7 years. The centre received a good outcome, I have received a handwritten thankyou card in the post from the staff to say a big thankyou for my support. I wasn't expecting that and thought it a really nice gesture.
My other local children's centre.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm won't comment and spoil my glass of red ..x

sweets
03-12-2010, 07:40 AM
thats great. My childrens centre is good too, childminders can have it one morn a week and we have free rein on what we do, we usuallu have a messy play seeion as it saves the mess at home! lol. We are allowed to make hot drinks in the little attached and gated kitchen, we can take photos too.

i have also been made very welcome at the centre 2 towns away! 15 mins drive as they have a creche group for children with special needs, of course i stay with the mindees but the other parents leave children for an hour or so. i have been invited to the christmas party and it was brill!

they can be great places.

Tinglesnark
03-12-2010, 07:44 AM
thats fab :D
i havent ever been to our childrens centre yet because i always forget the days it runs and i dont have mindees regularly - really pleased that you got some recognition! it makes a nice change doesnt it? :thumbsup:

sarah707
03-12-2010, 08:04 AM
It is good to hear a positive story about a children's centre and childminders! :clapping:

miffy
03-12-2010, 08:07 AM
That's really good!

Makes a refreshing change to hear something positive about cc's

Miffy xx

christine e
03-12-2010, 08:54 AM
That is great. I too have a good relationship with one of the cc's near to me and I am always made welcome whether I attend childminders session or any other sessions and I can also book in and use their sensory room.

Cx