PDA

View Full Version : Hot drinks RA

claire85
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi Guys, obviousl it's that time of year when hot drinks are appreciated after being out in the cold, was just reviewing my ra and i thought i better put this subject in for my home ra for my lounge as this is where visitors sit with hot drinks. now obviously it's common sense that this is a hazard , i only care for children aged 5-8 so i all i put on my ra was that i would ask visitors to put there hot drinks on tables an that i would warn the children that the hot drinks are there do you think that is ok for ofsted??

venus89
02-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi Guys, obviousl it's that time of year when hot drinks are appreciated after being out in the cold, was just reviewing my ra and i thought i better put this subject in for my home ra for my lounge as this is where visitors sit with hot drinks. now obviously it's common sense that this is a hazard , i only care for children aged 5-8 so i all i put on my ra was that i would ask visitors to put there hot drinks on tables an that i would warn the children that the hot drinks are there do you think that is ok for ofsted??

I don't know, but I'd have thought so.....

Dragonfly
02-12-2010, 06:54 PM
I would ask people to put hot drinks out of reach of the children ie back of work surface some- where it cannot be reached/knocked by a child.Also tell the children that who has a hot drink and to be careful.

babs
03-12-2010, 07:46 AM
i have hot drinks in my ra for both lounge and kitchen, lounge says place on table between chair and sofa as out of reach by lo's crawling ( other table in middle of 2 chairs is to low and they pull up on it..) kitchen says back of side or middle of table if not been used... playroom says no hot drinks allowed end of..

Mouse
03-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Personally I think drinks are better out of reach, rather than on tables with a warning for mindees to be careful. Even with 5-8yr olds it's all to easy for them to forget that a hot drink is there.

When I'm minding, I use one of those thermal beakers with a lid. Visitors also use them. I gave one to Mrs O when she was here for my inspection & she had to ask me how to use it :laughing:

Dragonfly
03-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Yes I agree with mouse, apart from I wouldnt use a beaker with a lid in my home and neither would my visitors. I think I would find that over the top.but everyone is different.
As long as children know and the drink is out of reach of children (5-8yrs too) I'd say enjoy your cuppa!

sarah707
03-12-2010, 05:31 PM
I make sure my cup is out of reach of the children.

Teenagers use lidded cups because they can't be trusted to put them up high :rolleyes:

Visitors get lidded generally but it depends on who they are. Other childminders usually put cups up high :D