PDA

View Full Version : EYFS practice guidance

buzzy bee
01-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Are we 'allowed' to use this?

I was thinking of doing a little 'sum-up' in my learning journals, and include snippets from this e.g. 'Moves whole body to sounds he enjoys, such as music or a regular beat'. Is this ok with Ofsted or is it frowned upon?

I don't think i'll actually say the child falls into 8-20 months or anything like that...

sarah707
02-12-2010, 08:05 AM
The practice guidance is a tool to be used!

It gives you an indication of what the child might be doing and what he might do next.

It is not designed as a tick list ... it should be complemented with comments and observations and statements from the child, the child's family, other settings etc.

:D

buzzy bee
02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
The practice guidance is a tool to be used!

It gives you an indication of what the child might be doing and what he might do next.

It is not designed as a tick list ... it should be complemented with comments and observations and statements from the child, the child's family, other settings etc.

:D

Thanks Sarah.

Do you think it's okay to just focus on one aspect for each area of learning, in terms of a 'sum-up' of the term and planning for the next term?

Obviously I'll cover more areas of learning but for the learning journey do you think this is okay?

sarah707
14-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Well... there are 6 areas of learning and development and children progress at different rates with each one.

They are all linked because children's learning is holistic - all 6 areas are equally important.

So I would suggest you find a way of looking briefly at each area, showing where the child's strengths lie and what he might enjoy next.

That way you are showing you know the child well :D