PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, waiting for pre-reg visit date

Jenny101uk
01-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi, have done all my courses and all my forms have gone off to Ofsted so am now just waiting for a date, but already starting to get nervous!! I have my own 19 month old little one and think all my paperwork is in order - but am wondering if anyone has any tips, ideas, advice on what things I should now start getting ready, preparing, buying etc.....all advice very welcome

~Grasshopper~
02-12-2010, 09:45 AM
hiya.
Welcome :)

I am also waiting for my pre reg visit. i sent all my forms in end of October, ive given up being nervous and am trying not to think about it now.

I have done all the jobs around the house, cupboard locks, gates, ect and am just waiting now.

i have 2 young boys of my own so it needed doing anyway though.
xx

Jenny101uk
05-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Hiya,

Thanks for reply, I guess if you already have your own then you feel ready but I got all nervous after sending off my forms!!! Thanks so much, let me know how it goes.... Jenny :)

~Grasshopper~
06-12-2010, 08:27 AM
hiya.

I felt so sick, posting my forms and still do but i have been waiting over a month now and so have started to relax a little. My CRB went onto stage 5 on saturday - fingers crossed things start moving along now. I keep looking at childcare.co.uk and seeing people in my area wanting chilminders and i really really want to message them but am waiting till after my pre reg insp.

good luck xxx

Flisspaps
06-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Hello :)

I'm also waiting for my pre-reg visit. CRBs are done :D

Have phoned Prospects and they have a target date of 28 December to have been and seen me by...would rather it was before that as I have a mindee waiting to start at the beginning of January and I need a variation to have her :eek:

jane5
06-12-2010, 11:31 PM
hiya.

I felt so sick, posting my forms and still do but i have been waiting over a month now and so have started to relax a little. My CRB went onto stage 5 on saturday - fingers crossed things start moving along now. I keep looking at childcare.co.uk and seeing people in my area wanting chilminders and i really really want to message them but am waiting till after my pre reg insp.

good luck xxx

I have my pre-reg on december 15th and I have started advertising on childcare.co.uk. I have put that I am soon to be registered. I would message any parents now if I were you as lots of parents look for childcare months before they need it, so don't let them slip away.

good luck to everyone:thumbsup:

Penny1959
07-12-2010, 04:43 AM
Hello and welcome to forum.

Dificult to give advice on everything - but if you have a specific question - just ask on here.

Having recently re registered - I fully understand the nerves and stress of the 'what if I have not done this or that?'

I find it helps to remember that the inspectors are (under their badge) just like you and me and will meeting you for the first time and not knowing what they are going to find (big dog, a house that is just not suitable - and then having to tell person, a uptight person who may cry or get angry - and so on).

I used to wear a 'badge' and visit childminders in their homes - and believe me it was very stressful - just finding the house and getting their on time was stressful - as was the things mentioned above. AND I would always get a 'nervous tummy' which is another issue - as an 'offical person' do you ask to use the loo or not?

So just think your inspector may be very uncomfortable as not sure if appropriate to use your loo!

So relax - try to be welcoming and chat to inspector - it will make it easier for both of you!

Good Luck

Penny :)

Jenny101uk
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks Penny,

Well there is a top tip, show inspector bathroom and let them know they are welcome to use! LOL Thanks everyone and good luck for pre-reg visits xx