PDA

View Full Version : R.A.G

BlondeMoment
01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Has anyone ever had a RAG inspection with NCMA? Got one tomorrow. Don't really see the point as had Ofsted in October which was Good.

I really can't be bothered with another inspection lol. Haven't done any prep or anything.

Do I need to worry?

Marshmallow
01-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Ooooo, Ummm, whats a RAG inspection ?:blush:

Mouse
01-12-2010, 06:55 PM
We've been told we'll all be done here, but I don't see the point really.

I was given the form, told to fill in where I thought I was for each area & then I'd have someone come to visit & take about 10 mins going through the form.

Not wishing to sound rude, or big headed, but when I was one of the first cms in our area to be graded outstanding under EYFS, our Early Years team were asking ME how to do things! I don't want them here now judging me & giving me advice.
I don't think it's compulsory for us yet, so I'll put it off for as long as possible.

FussyElmo
01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
We have a rag folder which the DO's come out and go through them with us.

Not heard of an inspection though :)

Mouse
01-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Ooooo, Ummm, whats a RAG inspection ?:blush:

RAG = Red, Amber, Green.

There are certain headings, such as how well do you use observations to plan for the children (or something like that) and you get graded red, amber or green. If you're red you need more help, if you're amber you need a bit of help & if you're green you don't really need much help.

Our local authority is using it as a way of targetting childcare provisions that need more support.

Marshmallow
02-12-2010, 06:56 PM
:panic: Oh never heard of that in Peterborough :eek:
:blush: I'll just stick my head back in the sand !

Pixie dust
02-12-2010, 07:10 PM
We are going to be doing this next year as part of our quality improvement framework :( as i we don't have enough to do already!!!