PDA

View Full Version : Texting parent about payment??

marnieb
01-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi all,

2 of my parents are due to pay me this week. 1 family only comes tues & wed, but I forgot to give her the invoice as kids were playing up, and as they left I thought I'd give it to them today........ but, the whole area is snowed in, and they couldn't come today.

So, would you text mum about the payment?? I won't see her till next tues, and even assuming she pays me then it'll be another week before it clears.

I was thinking of texting her, saying something like:

'Very sorry forgot to invoice you yesterday. Fees for the month are £336. As we're all snowed in, would you be able to arrange a bank transfer? Please let me know, and I'll text you my details. See you next week, and enjoy the snow.'

Does that sound okay??? They've only been with me for 3 weeks, but it seems to be going well. And I really need the money to pay for next weeks food shopping!!! :o

nannysue
01-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm sure that will be fine :thumbsup: Good Luck !

TheBTeam
01-12-2010, 04:23 PM
I never used to, but i have got tougher over the years so will text, as long as you are polite i dont think it does any harm, i think your text sounds fine!

Goatgirl
01-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi,
I very often forget to hand over invoices in the hustle and bustle of collection time. If I do, I always text "forgot to hand you your invoice, but the amount is £xxx and is due in my account by XXX" Thanks. See you ...whenever :)"

In your circumstances I'd just give them your details anyway, rather than ask is it ok, but say you will accept cash (or whatever the usual is) if they can get here by whichever date is due.

Don't feel bad about it: they know its due when its due and shouldn't use the fact that the invoice is late as an excuse. Thay are responsible for paying on time regardless.

My parents almost always text back a "thanks: will do" kind of message and none have taken it the wrong way: its a helpful reminder :thumbsup:
Hope you get your money in time to buy your shopping :)

Bws,
Wendy :)

little chickee
01-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I too would text. I often have to text my weekly payer to ask for my money - If i dont she doesnt pay til the next week.

RachelE
01-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I've just texted one of my parents with the fee invoice as we are snowed in.
I dont have LO on a Thursday and not sure we'll be ok for Friday.

I have staretd emailing my other mindee as its just easier, so may do them all by email on the last day of the month.

I dont see any problem with it at all. :)

Rachel x

marnieb
01-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks girls - have just texted her, and added the option of giving me cash next week.

Will let you know what she says!!!!

MAWI
01-12-2010, 04:47 PM
I would definatley text.

I email the invoices to all of my parents and I still have to remind one of them by text, even when I know they have recieved it.