PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only childminder in Britain with no snow?!

georgie456
01-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello!

I've been reading about all your nightmare school runs and having to implement your bad weather policies....I have one question.....

WHERE IS MY SNOW?!?!?!?!?!?!

*stamps foot*

SamBaker
01-12-2010, 03:59 PM
You can have all mine!!!:laughing: I hate it at the moment! Can't work, no food or milk in the shop and no gritters any where!!!!:angry:

Hope you get some soon though xx

miss mopple
01-12-2010, 04:00 PM
None here either :(

Where abouts are you?

christine e
01-12-2010, 04:02 PM
12 inches here so I have it to give away!

georgie456
01-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm in Swindon. We had a bit on Tuesday morning but it was a light dusting and just turned to ice by lunchtime (which is still hanging around)

Obviously I'm not overly jealous of those of you who are really suffering but a nice amount would be lovely thankyou!!!

charleyfarley
01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
You can have ours too :thumbsup: No go on I insist :laughing:

I've not seen this much snow for years, good job my freezers are stocked up :thumbsup:

Must be bad as our school actually closed today, never known that to happen before.
It's still snowing now although only light, surey it's got to end soon :panic:

Carol xx

nannysue
01-12-2010, 04:12 PM
None in North Somerset either , we had a mini blizzard just at school run time on Friday ...... a dusting Sunday night /Monday morning ( all gone by mid morning and thats it !!!!!!.

We just have a bitterly cold wind ( pleasures of living by the sea i suppose ) walking back from school this afternoon was sooo painful on the face :cold:

Hope all of you who are experiencing really bad weather are ok and managing to keep warm and safe .

Winnie
01-12-2010, 04:33 PM
i've been taught to share....so here's your share :cold:

:laughing:

venus89
01-12-2010, 04:41 PM

:laughing: :laughing:
We've had 48 hours of snow now. It's fine, apart from the ice. The kids' school was open today. But there are rumours of heavy snow tonight..... We're in Kent. And we like snow :clapping:

berkschick
01-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Light covering yesterday morning here in Berkshire but all gone now :clapping:

georgie456
01-12-2010, 04:44 PM

:laughing: :laughing: Aw thanks!!!! :laughing: :laughing:

I agree with nannysue that the wind is almost unbearable. I hate to say this, but I was very happy when DD woke up with a temp today so I kept her off school!!!! She very kindly picked the one day I have no other schoolies so we have been hibernating today. Only problem is we have done most of the months planned activities in one day :laughing: :laughing:

snufflepuff
01-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm about 30-45 minutes away fom you, Georgie, and we have only had a tiny bit. It's pretty much gone now. I'd really like a bit more, enough for the LOs to play with!

SamBaker
01-12-2010, 04:48 PM
We've had 48 hours of snow now. It's fine, apart from the ice. The kids' school was open today. But there are rumours of heavy snow tonight..... We're in Kent. And we like snow :clapping:

I'm in Kent too!!! :clapping: Now I like snow but not when I can't get out of my village lol!!!

miffy
01-12-2010, 05:04 PM
12 inches here so I have it to give away!

Are you bragging or complaining? :p :laughing:

Been snow go here all day! :rolleyes:

Georgie, come and collect as much as you want!

Miffy xx

berkschick
01-12-2010, 05:10 PM
You not that far from me I dont think Miffy??

SaijaM
01-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm in north London and not much snow here either... I would love to have some please!! Send it this way. Winter and christmas is going to be boring without proper snow :)

sweets
01-12-2010, 05:30 PM
no snow her in the north west apart from a couple of light showers that lasted for 5 mins and didn't stick.

i was desparatly hoping it wouldnt snow over the last couple of days because i had a couple of places i had to drive too, but now it can snow as much as it wants. preferably a lot so we all get snowed in and mindees cant come. :laughing:

maisiemog
01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
No snow in Gloucester either!!! We had a dusting yesterday and its pretty much all gone now!

I want snow as well but it can wait until Saturday please. Not sure I can cope with all the schoolies I would have around! They're term time only so never had to have them for a whole day before!!!

georgie456
01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
but now it can snow as much as it wants. preferably a lot so we all get snowed in and mindees cant come. :laughing:

My thoughts exactly :laughing: :laughing:

fionamal
01-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Your more than welcome to come here and help yourself . We have about 2 feet of the blooming stuff with more falling.

catlyn
01-12-2010, 06:36 PM
LOL...at least a couple of feet here too......I'm not greedy...i will share.....we had great fun playing in it today though....almost lost the littlest one it was up to her waist :)

Ripeberry
01-12-2010, 06:50 PM
I've not got any snow as such, just a dusting which is now ice. I'm wondering if the forecast 'mild' weather will come on Saturday as promised? :rolleyes:

Adiamond
01-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't mind sharing some with you, we are on the Lincolnshire coast and have got well over a foot with more to come tonight :eek: xx xx

Bitsy Beans
01-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Nope not the only one. Had a light dusting here in West Mids the other night and a tiny bit more today and that's it.

I want lots and lots. My DS is absolutely desperate to make a snowman and there just isn't enough here to do that :(

RachelE
01-12-2010, 08:52 PM
18+ inches! ;)

Its nice at first - and is still nice to look at, but our local shops have no bread and milk and the children need their routine! (and me! :) )

So glad we have a Landrover - not that I've been out in it today!

Be careful what you wish for! :rolleyes:

Rachel x

Monkey26
01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
No snow here in East Devon either, too close to the sea me reckons! Have fun! xx

Ali56
01-12-2010, 10:00 PM
None here either georgie! little village outside swindon, very high. So all we have on our ungritted cul de sac is sheet ice! Kids keep falling over on it, its horrible. Would love a bit of snow to cover it up.......!!!

glitzygal
01-12-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm in Swindon. We had a bit on Tuesday morning but it was a light dusting and just turned to ice by lunchtime (which is still hanging around)

Obviously I'm not overly jealous of those of you who are really suffering but a nice amount would be lovely thankyou!!!

IM IN SWINDON TO,,, and yes wondering where it is,,please snow fairy send us some, SNOW.....:laughing:

debbie
01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
snow in shoebury. lovely and white when it came down yesturday not so nice now. slushy in places and deadly glassy ice in others especially my little road when in car you go one way cars rear end the other. i love snow when i havent got to go out in it we have about 2" lets make it 10 +. then i wont have to struggle with double buggy, parents turning up early to get to work or coming back late. so long as i get paid i'm willing to work, down to the parents.

glitzygal
01-12-2010, 11:02 PM
WE HAVE SNOW FALLING AS I TYPE,,,:clapping: :clapping:

PixiePetal
01-12-2010, 11:13 PM
WE HAVE SNOW FALLING AS I TYPE,,,:clapping: :clapping:

so do we, not sure I really want it though. Need to get out and go to the bank etc

glad it has arrived for you :thumbsup:

glitzygal
01-12-2010, 11:18 PM
so do we, not sure I really want it though. Need to get out and go to the bank etc

glad it has arrived for you :thumbsup:

THANKYOU

SO EXCITED:clapping: :thumbsup:

georgie456
02-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Yippppeeeee!!!! My ordered snow has arrived - thankyou to all of you who sent it down to me :laughing: :laughing:

AliceK
02-12-2010, 10:48 AM
You not that far from me I dont think Miffy??

Have you got some this morning? Must admit I was quite suprised when I saw it this morning. Only maybe a couple of inches (nothing like last year) but it's enough to make it look pretty and DD made a snow angel but still OK to push the buggy to do the school run. I like it when it's like this :)

xxxxxx

Chatterbox Childcare
02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Well snow in swindon and we had to walk to school as the road was blocked ha ha

May it continue aso that the older ones can play in it after school

rickysmiths
02-12-2010, 01:13 PM
We had a sprinkling last night but the sin has been out and melted a lot of it. The problem will be if it freezes later.

birch24
02-12-2010, 02:33 PM
We have had so much snow we are snowed in today.

No mindee's!!

janminder
02-12-2010, 02:50 PM
3rd day of snow

2nd day of school closed

1st day with no children.

Been relaxing and browsing this wonderful forum when I should be using this time to do units of my NVQ3 as I am a bit behind and need lots of work to show assessor in less than 2 weeks.

Daisy1956
02-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm in the north-west we have only had a sprinkling of snow but it has turned to ice ,the pavements are a nightmare ,at least the parents have sent them in boots and I only had to ask once, miracles do happen.

Jules12Wed
02-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Lots of snow here. School closed yesterday and today. 4 mindees today all parents were at home as couldn't get to work but still brought kids. One lives just at the end of my road and although he was at home he actually turned up late to collect!!! Funny how he managed to arrive on time this morning.....:angry:

Assuming school will be closed tomorrow but I don't work Fridays so lovely just me and my DD.

Lincsminder
02-12-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't mind sharing some with you, we are on the Lincolnshire coast and have got well over a foot with more to come tonight :eek: xx xx

Thats not fair, i'm on the Lincs coast and we have none.

RachelE
02-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Oh my goodness! - are you very south Lincs?!

It is boring now!

Rachel - edge of wolds and thick snow!!
x

marnieb
03-12-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm in Surrey and totally snowed in!!! School's been closed for 3 days now, and 2 lots of mindees couldn't get to me - the only 1 I have the little girl who lives across the road - funnily enough, I expected her to come!! At least mumpicked her up early yesterday, and hopefully she will today as well!!!

Leapsters
03-12-2010, 09:13 AM
I've hardly got any, so you are not on your own :)

Leapsters
09-12-2010, 07:39 PM
The only thing we've got in oxfordshire, is bitter cold and lots of people getting this terrible sickness bug:angry: