PDA

View Full Version : feeling a bit guilty

desiderata
01-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Went to nursery this morning to pick up mindee and was talking to a lady who was picking up her grandson. Conversation went a bit like this. " I was hoping my daughter hadnt sent him today they only live down the road and I have a couple of miles to drive to get him" to which I replied " I know what you mean I have to collect one later and bring the little ones out again" then the mindee that I should be collecting later grandad was a few people in front as he collects the sister after nursery and he stepped back to me and said "i might get L tonight". Then this afternoon I have had a text from mom saying " I will get L from school dont want you having to go out again with the little ones" Dont get me wrong the way its snowing now Im glad were not going but I feel as if I was saying I did not want to do it. If you get my drift. just releiving some guiltx

emmadines
01-12-2010, 05:15 PM
try not to worry yourself, personally I believe kids should be at home with their parents if the parent themselves are at home (just make me wonder why they have kids if they still want to send them off when they are at home. personally Id love to take my kids to where ever they were going if i was normally working that day. if that make sense....... i know they are paying but still.......

im sure if she had a problem she would have said something

Penny1959
01-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Guilt not needed - they offered - you did not ask.

It sounds to me if this family are just thoughtful and realised that as they were able to pick up, it saved the little ones from getting wet / cold.

Penny :)

desiderata
01-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Hope thats rightxx Thanks for the repliesxx

The Juggler
01-12-2010, 10:45 PM
you were just saying exactly what everyone else (parent, childminder, granny) was thinking I expect. Yesterday a mum met me and school and helped me push my double buggy home. One of the babies was hers and her son was wiht us too. TBH honest would never have been able to get across the road without her help - I was soooo stuck.

I felt really guilty as she offered to take over pushing a few times and i did take her up on it as I was knackered only for a few mins each time - I felt awful:blush: