PDA

View Full Version : To close or not to close

ZoeGrace10
01-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Hello more advice needed???

Ive got two schoolies 2moro arriving at 7.15am and then picking up at 3pm.

Im not to worried about driving in the snow (although would prefer not to) but if their schools are closed what do i do then. I have two toddlers during the day and dont have the space for two toddlers and two 7 year olds who will be here from 7.15 am - 6.30 and if the snow continues we wont be going out on any trips as im pregnant and have just been diagnosed with SPD and if i fall over thats me off sick for the next month.

What should I do??
xx

caz3007
01-12-2010, 11:14 AM
I would tell the parents that you are available for the before and after school but not to have them all day, so you would still expect to be paid for these sessions. Its not fair for parents to assume that you are prepared to keep their children all day, its up to them to make arrangements

Penny1959
01-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I would tell the parents that you are available for the before and after school but not to have them all day, so you would still expect to be paid for these sessions. Its not fair for parents to assume that you are prepared to keep their children all day, its up to them to make arrangements

Agree - it is up to you if you offer cover when schools close - and by the sounds of it - it is not an option for you.

Penny :)

karenandsmile
01-12-2010, 11:18 AM
are you not registerd to have 4 children then ?? or do you mean car space if you are not registerd to have that many children then you will have to say to 2 of the parents you cant have them if you mean car space then explain to the parents you will be staying in please send you children with a warm lunch the right clothes for the weather and a change of dry clothes and let them have fun in the snow (dont forget the photos )

ZoeGrace10
01-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Thank you very much for all your responses.

Im going to call Mum and say im willing to continue with the school run as ususal but wont be available during the day :)

xx