PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Inspection next week

Rasharoon
14-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Yep - Tuesday or Friday next week - the dreaded inspection. I have been a busy bee downloading reading materials, updating policies etc but one question.

- As the children I mind are all at full time school (and term time only), am I really supposed to have a weekly activity sheet of what to do when they get back to my house?

At the moment, it is literally free play for an hour before tea which after tea they go home. My thoughts are that they have an organised day being at school so would just like to chill out afterwards so needless to say, I don't plan - just play it by ear. Am I wrong? (I've two girls aged 9 and 4 and one boy age 4).

Thanks

LittleMissSparkles
14-04-2008, 07:11 AM
I havent had my inspection yet but wanted to say Good Luck babe xxx

angeldelight
14-04-2008, 08:06 AM
I am just the same to be honest with the after schoolers and it does not give you much time to do anything really does it

Maybe though because you have your inspection you could plan something to do with the kids on the day she is there?
Work on a topic and explain that you go with the flow and that you work on the different topics but not every day because they like to chill after school

Maybe you could do a poster with them about different people?

Get some old mags and some large paper and get the kids to cut out different pics of different people and stick them everywhere
This is every simple and it is not going to take you ages to prepare yet it could keep the kids happy for a while
Explain to the kids what they will be doing - or maybe you could start it the day before so they are aware of it?

Just an idea because it will show the inspector what you do and it will show how you interact with them

Good luck with the inspection hope it goes ok

Angel xx

avril
14-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Good luck:thumbsup: and let us all know how you got on

Avril x:)

cuddlybunny38
14-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Cant really help no mindees yet but good luck, Sharon

crazybones
14-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Best of Luck. :D

Twinkles
14-04-2008, 08:42 AM
It's very difficult to plan for after schoolers, like you say they just want to play and chill after a hard day at school. Just show you give them opportunities to do structured activities craft etc.

Good luck

emler
14-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Good luck with your inspection - I hope it goes well :thumbsup:

Emler x

squiggle
14-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Good luck with your inspection.

i had mine last thursday and it wasn't half as bad as i thought it would be

Good Luck xx

Rasharoon
14-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks all.
I like the idea of the different people collage. Easy to do in so little time. As St Georges Day is on the Wednesday, thought I'd give the mindees some colouring in sheets re good ole George and his dragon. Also bought some cards at the weekend - designed for kids to play snap and happy families - my brain can just about cope with that and thought that we could play shadows with the younger ones copying. Will have tea prepared that I just need to throw it in the oven so I can be with the kids because in all honesty, I'm normally in the kitchen.
I'm getting my knickers in a twist with the amount of reading and not remembering anything as I seriously do have a brain the size of a pea so I need to get myself into a place of not worrying.
As I don't implement B23 and have never had to, I will show her the folder I have with all the ideas I've printed from here and BCMA that should I ever of had a young one come my way, I was ready.
Have also printed all the emails I've sent to my hopeless CIS trying to get on courses that are always full as my Passport to Learning book is currently empty so I know I'll get pulled up on that.
I've waffled - it's panic. I'm going away tomorrow to Somerset for 4 days so will try and chill and forget about it all.
Thanks againx

Minnie Minx
14-04-2008, 11:52 AM
good luck hun :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xxx

deeb66
14-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Good luck....I am sure you will be fine :thumbsup:

miffy
14-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Good luck from me too

miffy xx

Spangles
14-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Good luck!

Trouble
14-04-2008, 05:50 PM
good luck:clapping:

mumtodaniel
14-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Good luck too, I had mine today, and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. She did ask me a couple of questions on child abuse etc. Also, what I would do if a child had an accident.

One other thing I didn't have in my lost child policy was that if a parent didn't come an hour after they were meant to then I should contact social services. I just had contact social services and not time limit.

mumtodaniel
14-04-2008, 05:54 PM
oops meant not collected child

kaz1501
14-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Good luck Sparkles! :thumbsup:
I haven't had an inspection yet so can't really offer any advice just good luck vibes!

Karen
x x x