PDA

View Full Version : argh this flippin snow!!!! - Update!!!!

emmadines
30-11-2010, 05:48 PM
mindees parent is stuck on the M20, she has been there on there in the same place since1.30pm. I dont think it will be fair to charge her extra hours as it was out of her control and she has done what I ask all my parents to do and keep me informed of whats going on.

thing is - what do I do if the time runs onto the evening?? say 7-pm etc??

Dad is too far away to collect the boys as he would have to get onto the motorway aswell

teacake2
30-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Have you not got any other emergency contact numbers you could use for someone else to collect. I have had this happen once before there had been an accident on the road and parent was stuck, single parent, not long moved to the area so just had to keep the child, should have gone at 5.30 ended up being 9.30p.m. Gave the little one her tea (3yr old) and got her dressed for bed (I had some spare clothes) and she was asleep when mum came, she stayed asleep until 7 the next morning.
All was well and came the next day as though nothing had happened, she thought she was having a sleep over:D :D :D
Teacake2

emmadines
30-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Have you not got any other emergency contact numbers you could use for someone else to collect. I have had this happen once before there had been an accident on the road and parent was stuck, single parent, not long moved to the area so just had to keep the child, should have gone at 5.30 ended up being 9.30p.m. Gave the little one her tea (3yr old) and got her dressed for bed (I had some spare clothes) and she was asleep when mum came, she stayed asleep until 7 the next morning.
All was well and came the next day as though nothing had happened, she thought she was having a sleep over:D :D :D
Teacake2

no, no other contacts

sonia ann
30-11-2010, 06:03 PM
I think i would be preparing to have mindee for the night. It is an emergency and mum must be worried sick if she is stuck .If you can have mindee I would reassure mum he is safe and warm where he is and urge her to try not to worry and take care of herself

emmadines
30-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I think i would be preparing to have mindee for the night. It is an emergency and mum must be worried sick if she is stuck .If you can have mindee I would reassure mum he is safe and warm where he is and urge her to try not to worry and take care of herself

I have all 3 of her boys (over night can be done):S

sonia ann
30-11-2010, 06:09 PM
:D didn't realise you had three....................how old are they?
good luck if they do end up staying :thumbsup:

sonia ann
30-11-2010, 06:13 PM
just realised you live in Maidstone...................my sister used to live along the Pilgrims Way in Harrietsham, she was often getting snowed in along the lane

emmadines
30-11-2010, 06:20 PM
just realised you live in Maidstone...................my sister used to live along the Pilgrims Way in Harrietsham, she was often getting snowed in along the lane

lol - its not really that bad here but mums coming back from dartford

emmadines
30-11-2010, 06:21 PM
:D didn't realise you had three....................how old are they?
good luck if they do end up staying :thumbsup:

an almost 9. a 6 and a 5 year old (all brothers)

sonia ann
30-11-2010, 06:28 PM

lol that's where i was brought up

PixiePetal
30-11-2010, 06:36 PM

my sister is driving south from Dartford - she's stuck on M25. not moving at all.

emmadines
30-11-2010, 06:46 PM
my sister is driving south from Dartford - she's stuck on M25. not moving at all.

I mean the m25 :blush:, mindees mum been on the road sinse 1.30ish

The Juggler
30-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I think if this mum doesn't normally take the mick and in the extreme weather circs, I would offer to feed the boys and settle them in front of a movie or something.:)

emmadines
30-11-2010, 07:26 PM
I think if this mum doesn't normally take the mick and in the extreme weather cyrus, I would offer to feed the boys and settle them in front of a movie or something.:)

Ive done already - the heaters on in conservatory I have a put me up bed in there which they would be fine and warm for a couple of hours till mum gets here

solly
30-11-2010, 07:41 PM
I saw it on the news earlier and the traffic looked like it was going no where.

I am sure mum will apreciate all you have done and are doing for them today

RachelE
30-11-2010, 08:11 PM
We've had enough here too!

Luckily my parents all collected early.

Its just taken my frined 5 hours to do a normal 35 min journey! :panic:

My dh has just tried to rescue a car stuck on our road in 10inc of snow, with our Landrover - but it was even too much for the poor Landrover!

Its pretty, but not practical and not funny anymore!!

Hope mindees Mum is safe and warm, at least she knows her children are! :thumbsup:

Please thaw out!!

Rachel x

emmadines
30-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Mindees mum has just left with the boys

solly
30-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Glad she has got to you and the boys are now with mum:)

I hope she appreciated everything you have done for her today

wendywu
30-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Two of mine did not go until 9.45.

I wont charge for this as it must be horrid for them, one was on the M25 and one was stuck on a London train that was not going anywhere. :(

Chimps Childminding
30-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Glad all picked up safely!!! Hopefully mums will appreciate the gesture of not charging and come armed with a nice bouquet or something as a thank you!

PixiePetal
01-12-2010, 07:42 AM
glad all turned out well for all, my sister made it home by 9.20pm - 5 hours for a 1 1/2 hour journey!