PDA

View Full Version : Parent collecting child and not informing minder

emmadines
30-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Well I'm actually, quiet shocked. I was standing in reception years playground - collecting my lil girl and a minded. I turn around to catch a glimps of mindee I that i was due to collect at the end of my round. Anyway recognising that mind was with his dad I felt with what I had to deal with there n then. I check with the office that minded had gone home and took the rest of them home. Called mum and asked what's going on. She had word with mindee's dad and asks him if had called to notify me. His reply............... Oh?

Mum was very apologetic which is something but is it too much to ask to be told what's going on? I am the last to get told wheather a mind has acter school club or not it's starting to be more then getting in my wick!!!!!!

christine e
30-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Make sure that understand the problems this causes you, having to make checks in school and then telephoning parents, insist that in future they inform you.

Take a deep breath! I know it's annoying it happens to me sometimes and I'm afriad parents just do not think. I have been stood in playground waiting for 10 mins before then I go in school, then I ring parent and low and behold they forgot to tell me they were picking up, at this point I make sure they realise that I am still at school (15 mins after school finished) and that it is not fair on the other children (if raining etc I point this out too)

Cx