PDA

View Full Version : parent shut door in my face

TRACEY1969
30-11-2010, 10:46 AM
who do they think they are god? I had there mindees on Thursday (have them 4 days Tues-Fri) and my assistant takes one to school, the other mindee had diarrhea that day and it was green so i wroke in her diary that there will be a 48hr exclusion period due to this. On the Friday i expected them to bring the eldest due to going to school but they brought the youngest as well. I told them i wouldn't except mindee due to the day before and she insisted i did but i stood my ground (dad doesn't work so he could of had her) With that she shut the door in my face and took the youngest back to the car then came back to say good bye to her eldest. I didn't want an argument in front of the children so i waited till today so things could calm down. She didn't turn up she sent her partner instead he just handed the mindees over and went. This parent always tries to it on and now i am thinking of handing in my notice with her. I feel sad because i don't think she can get anyone else to do it for her but i think it will be a relief for me. I gave her an updated medication policy and the infectious diseases as well on Friday.

Pipsqueak
30-11-2010, 10:50 AM
She came to YOUR front door and shut YOUR front door in your face???:eek: :eek: Well I am sorry but i would be saying something about that - like you do not treat me or behave in that manner towards me on MY property.

good for you though for standing your ground and refusing care - the parent has the hump that is all. its up to you if you want to cancel the contract but at the very least I would be having a chat (or sending a letter) to the parent to remind them of your illness/exclusions and WHY and also about not behaving like that towards you -particuarly on your own property.

Lady Haha
30-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Some things I read on here still amaze me!!!

shelly2012
30-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Parents drive me crazy sometimes (most times) lol Well done stand your ground your in the right parent got a cheek x

JCrakers
30-11-2010, 01:12 PM
OMG..Thats terrible. I cant believe how some people are!! :eek:

I would be extremely cross...god knows what i would have done (ive got loads of patience with kids but not with adults)...lol

Hope you are feeling ok...

Becky x

Chatterbox Childcare
30-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Well done for keeping good practice and standing your ground.

Do you really want these children to go? Doesn't sound convincing to me, just that you are fed up with the children. Why not have a meeting and sort out any discrepencies.

Penny1959
30-11-2010, 01:33 PM
I had parent arrive last week srceaming at her own children and continued to do so when in my hallway - no other mindees present but not acceptable - sent email to say not acceptable and would not be happening again.

She has been ok this week - but no apology.

Make sure you tell your parent not acceptable

How can we manage the children's behaviour when parents act like that?

Penny :)

TRACEY1969
01-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Up date
Mom didn't want to talk to me Tuesday so dad brought kids instead while she waited in the car. Wrote my notice last night and gave it to the parents today. They both came to my door this morning passed the kids to me and said nothing to me, so i said i have a letter for them its my 4 weeks notice and they said ok and walked away.

Daftbat
01-12-2010, 03:20 PM
You can only take so much from aprents. I have given notice recently after putting up with loads and loads mainly because the child was lovely and I knew that no one else was going to be able to do the hours they want. However, push came to shove and there is no reason why we should be treated as you have been. There's no point in running our own business if we are being pushed around by others - its just bullying

Beetlejuice
01-12-2010, 03:46 PM
You will always get people trying it on, especially when it comes to exclusion times. I had a child here the other week who threw up as soon as she got home and mum was going to send her the next day!! I told her she couldn't. Then I sent a text to see how the child was and I got a very curt reply that she was 'absolutely fine' - which was a dig that she was well enough to come to me. I'm v strict about exclusions for illness - they would soon moan if my family and I came down with illness and I couldn't work.