PDA

View Full Version : cheeky ******!!!!

moogster1a
30-11-2010, 10:32 AM
had someone come round for after school care for an 8 year old. was suspicious when he phoned as he wanted my OFSTED number there and then. Told him I'd only give it out when contracts are signed.
He signed the contract and said she'd be starting tomorrow. Got a call from him yesterday saying she'd now be starting Monday.
This morning had a call from HMRC asking about the 2 children of his I'm looking after and how much I'm charging. Told her I'd never heard of the second child who was apparently a baby full time care. HMRC said he was claiming "substantially more" than the £50 a week after school I was charging.
Also, apparently care had started on 15 Nov. coincidentally the day after he signed the contract.
I've just phoned him to say I don't like people taking the p*** and using my number to claim fraudulently. He sounded a little shocked and scared to say the least when I told him the conversation. Good!! Cheeky ***!

candy cat
30-11-2010, 12:17 PM
So naughty....but the system is so wrong isn't it...... I bet if they investigated more families they would save thousands!

Chimps Childminding
30-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Cheeky wotsit :angry: Are you still going to be having the 8 year old? or was it just a way of getting your number?

moogster1a
30-11-2010, 12:50 PM
no idea if he still wants me to have 8 year old but if he does tough. I'd rather not risk being left out of pocket. He's not exactly filled me with confidence now!
Shame, I really need a full time baby as well!

Mouse
30-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Good for you confronting him!

Hebs
30-11-2010, 01:10 PM
So naughty....but the system is so wrong isn't it...... I bet if they investigated more families they would save thousands!

they are starting too :thumbsup:

Playmate
30-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm gobsmacked. but I don't know why :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
30-11-2010, 02:46 PM
This is one of the reasons I now insist on a four week fees deposit on signing the contract and it is not returned until the end of the contract, when if all fees are paid it is used to pay for the 4 weeks notice.

the happy house
30-11-2010, 03:58 PM
OMG!!! How blatantly wrong!
thing is, the stupid pillock probably won't learn and will try again with a more 'willing' accomplice.

Chimps Childminding
30-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Can't say I blame you, don't think I would want to take them on now either!!

babs
30-11-2010, 08:44 PM
i think they should write to us childminders confirming the arrangements that have been made, i wouldnt give info over the phone no matter who they said they were.. like someone else said they would saves thousands.... parents can say we are charging xx amount an hour when we arent...