PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

VINASOL
30-11-2010, 08:07 AM
hello

am hoping someone can give advice/suggestions.

i feel as if my mindee is bored with my toys. I try to do as many 'planned activities' as possible and I have lots and lots of different arts & crafts stuff (including painting); have play dough.

I have loads of games and puzzles and things like dolls/clothes etc. I do music and dancing (simon says; musical statues etc) but she gets bored very quickly and moves onto something else very quick.

She HATES doing any kind of game where you have to count; or a jigsaw where you have to put pieces of puzzles together (depsite my encouragement); won't play any games that involve matching or colours (although that I'm proud that I've taught her the colour green), but she hates it.

What other toys/activities can I bring into my house? Was thinking of sticklebricks but they seem to be really expesnive and I don't have much money.

Any suggestions?

mama2three
30-11-2010, 08:26 AM
How about a trip to the toy library so she can help you choose?

Vickster
30-11-2010, 08:30 AM
The toy library is a good idea. How old is she? Does she have a play schema ( a type of play she prefers)? Mine likes transporting, so alot of the toys for my DD are base around that?

VINASOL
30-11-2010, 10:04 AM
The toy library is a good idea. How old is she? Does she have a play schema ( a type of play she prefers)? Mine likes transporting, so alot of the toys for my DD are base around that?

well, she likes imaginative play and they (she adn my DD) play shops (have everything for that), and she likes playing dolls (have everythign there too), but then my DD gets bored doing doll things all the time as well (she loves games, puzzles, etc).

Mouse
30-11-2010, 10:16 AM
What about dressing up? You don't need to buy expensive outfits, just see what you've got around the house - handbags, scarves, gloves etc. She could pretend to get herself dressed up ready to go out. My 2/3yr olds love to do that. They put on hats, scraves etc, get their bags ready, load the dolls into the pushchairs & head off to the "bus" (our bottom stair). They'll do that backwards & forwards for ages.

If your mindee likes playing with dolls, leave her to do that. You don't have to do a lot of organised activities. If she's happy doing what she's doing, leave her to it. If your daughter wants to do something else, let her. If she's having fun doing puzzles etc, mindee might come over in her own time & join in.