PDA

View Full Version : just a quick question

kel1983
29-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi just a quick question

I have a parent wanting to come and visit me on wednesday morning. I mind a little one on wednesday mornings. Unfortunately this is the only time she can do.

Is it ok to have parents visit while you are minding a little one.

I really want to take on this new child so dont really want to say no.

What does everyone think

Thanks
kelly

venus89
29-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I think it's fine - it's nice for the parents to see you with a mindee, they get a real feel of how you are when you're working.
However, I try to make the contract signing a time when there are no children there, or at least no mindees. It always seems to take me about an hour to do the contracts and that's a long enough time already....

Playmate
29-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I like parents to visit whilst we are working so they can see us in action :D

sarah707
29-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Yes I often organise interviews while I am working,

Good luck! :D

jane5
29-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm still pre-reg so I have no experience but I think it is okay as long as you never leave them alone with your mindee. Take him/her with you if you make a cup of tea and ask them to sign your visitors book.

I think it would be good for them to see you with lo as they can see how you are with them and how their child will fit in. Its a much more realistic situation for them.

Good luck I hope it all goes well for you :thumbsup:

kel1983
29-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I thought the same. The visit is from a mum that is l0ooking to hve me collect her 8 yo from school daily so wont be bringing the child with her for the first visit (She will be at school) so will hopefully come back another day with the child so I know who I'm looking for when I collect her :laughing: .

I think I'm gonna try and fill in as much as I can on the contract before hand incase though. I think I managed to mess my first contract up and kept having to go and look up my reg No. and NCMA stuff which I hadnt thought of before hand.

Thanks for you lovely replies
Kelly