PDA

View Full Version : :( About to give up! Any tips on advertising?

Bambini
29-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Argh - I knew it would never be easy, but have just been given notice for my 2 mindees (sisters) for January. Mum can't afford childcare and wants to cut from 30 hours a week down to 8. Am gutted, especially as I gave up another mindee in order to accomodate her 2 girls back in September.

I have updated the FIS, childcare.co.uk and netmums, I am going to add posters to playgroups this week. Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you in advance! x

guest2
29-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Build yourself a website advertising your services and leaflet drop your local area!! Pound the footpaths!! LOL
Hope this helps....

:thumbsup:

Curly Quavers
29-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Aye just go MAD on advertising,

Do you have any other mindees or are these your only ones at the moment?

Bear23
29-11-2010, 07:46 PM
childcare.co.uk fantastic

It is a bad time of year for advertising tho, to be honest, don't think in December there are alot of people changing jobs etc, Jan probably different tho

If i were you i would batter the advertisng, shop windows, website ( pauline done mine and its great), talk, talk, talk, go to toddler groups, talk at school,
Leaflet drop.

Its a nightmare when quiet, goodluck xx

Bambini
29-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks all - I have a website but am unsure on how to 'drive traffic' to it from google - is there a way I can do this so that if people type in 'childminder in ...' my site will come up?

I am registered with childcare and I think I may have a potential enquiry.

Am going to local shops tomorrow with my cards!

These were my only 2 mindees - I have learned my lesson in a way. Mum begged me to take them both and I let another mindee go to accommodate her. She said she was looking for a place for both of them unti at least July 2011! Argh! Ah well, I wont put all my eggs in 1 basket in the future.

xxx

maisiemog
29-11-2010, 08:22 PM
I also put myself on the free listing at yell.com using my business mob no. I do find I get a lot of silly advertising calls but 2 of my mindees have found me this way!

Also get yourself out there and let people know you are a CM. Word of mouth is great advertisment!

guest2
30-11-2010, 10:04 AM
I also put myself on the free listing at yell.com using my business mob no. I do find I get a lot of silly advertising calls but 2 of my mindees have found me this way!

Also get yourself out there and let people know you are a CM. Word of mouth is great advertisment!

Thanks that has helped me too never thought about yell.com

guest2
30-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks all - I have a website but am unsure on how to 'drive traffic' to it from google - is there a way I can do this so that if people type in 'childminder in ...' my site will come up?

xxx

What's your website address I could have a look at it to see what you have done so far and then I may be able to give you some suggestions about gettingtraffic to your site.

Nikki76
30-11-2010, 10:35 AM
I asked at my daughters school if I could give them leaflets to put in the childrens book bags.
They did want to see my registartion certificate first (understandable) but were great and I got my first mindee from this two weeks later. :)

Bambini
30-11-2010, 01:21 PM
What's your website address I could have a look at it to see what you have done so far and then I may be able to give you some suggestions about gettingtraffic to your site.

Thank you! I will pm you xxx

Thanks all for your help - I am going to try yell and also local schools xxx